Not open for further replies.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I have a Springfield 1903 and an Enfield I'll be selling soon.

If you want a modern one though, I'd get a Savage 10 or 110

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    An 03 or 03a3?

When are you getting rid of it? Is it one with the adjustable sites (the ones the flip up and has a dial for distances)?

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Its an 03A3 and it has the sight that slides up and down.

like this:
    standard.jpg

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Its an 03A3 and it has the sight that slides up and down.

CMP is supposed to be selling some 03s and 03a3s this year. I haven't seen their pricing yet. Any idea what you were thinking of? My Dad used one during the war and had one until he died. He always seemed to enjoy shooting it.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    They seem to go around 600 on the collector sites. This one is in very good condition. If you live close you're more than welcome to check it out. I'll pry start the listing at 600

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Hi! I got wrapped up doing some on line shopping for a decent long range rifle. :D

:rockwoot:

My advice...

START SMALL...

It’s gonna add up FAST. Be prepared to spend a LOT on glass.

I’m sure you know this stuff, but I jumped in knowing nothing about it and I’ve learned a ton in the last 6 months when it comes to distance shooting.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    That's the same thing as the Savage Edge. Its a good rifle, US Patriot has one in .223

The only downfall of the Axis is you can't get a heavy barrel and you can't change the trigger like the rest of the savages. If you're fine with all of that you're good to go.

I was looking at .223 because I thought that would be a little cheaper to shoot and still get reasonable accuracy. I want a good long range rifle in my arsenal, but I really don't think it will be something I will shoot a lot. All I want is something that will be reasonably accurate to a few hundred yards. I'll probably save all the mods and toys for the guns I shoot more often.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    What a beautiful night! :) I'm just in a good mood, so I'm sharing my happiness. :D

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    That’s what I thought too Supr...

I figured I’d want one to round out my firearm “uses” (pistol, battle rifle, HD shotgun etc)

But shooting long range just clicked with me and is so satisfying. I can go with IM and shoot full auto all day, and that’s fun, and I love shooting FNS with pistols or whatever, but the satisfaction I get from shooting a 400+ yard target is by far the best and most exciting for me.

I don’t even mind the price of .308 because the way I see it, sure, it’s more $ per shot, but I’m shooting at 1/10th the speed.

:dunno: it’s all personal preference.

US Patriot loves his savage edge in .223 though.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I was looking at .223 because I thought that would be a little cheaper to shoot and still get reasonable accuracy. I want a good long range rifle in my arsenal, but I really don't think it will be something I will shoot a lot. All I want is something that will be reasonably accurate to a few hundred yards. I'll probably save all the mods and toys for the guns I shoot more often.

That's pry a good choice then.

HotPocket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    With Daddy
    That’s what I thought too Supr...

I figured I’d want one to round out my firearm “uses” (pistol, battle rifle, HD shotgun etc)

But shooting long range just clicked with me and is so satisfying. I can go with IM and shoot full auto all day, and that’s fun, and I love shooting FNS with pistols or whatever, but the satisfaction I get from shooting a 400+ yard target is by far the best and most exciting for me.

I don’t even mind the price of .308 because the way I see it, sure, it’s more $ per shot, but I’m shooting at 1/10th the speed.

:dunno: it’s all personal preference.

US Patriot loves his savage edge in .223 though.

I just love to shoot guns ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom