Not open for further replies.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    My smoker has a gauge on it with three sections. "Warm", "Ideal", and "Hot". I can't seem to get it past the high end of the "warm" section on the gauge before it starts to cool off again. It seems plenty hot though and there's a lot of smoke. Maybe it'll just take longer than I thought for it to finish. I've never tried this before.

Yep! low heat and alot of time is what your looking for! 250 degrees for three and a half to four hours should do it!! LOW and slow!! ;)

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    My smoker has a gauge on it with three sections. "Warm", "Ideal", and "Hot". I can't seem to get it past the high end of the "warm" section on the gauge before it starts to cool off again. It seems plenty hot though and there's a lot of smoke. Maybe it'll just take longer than I thought for it to finish. I've never tried this before.

Start a thread and the smokin guru's will answer quickly.:yesway:

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I'm also using natural hardwood charcoal with some soaked hickory and fruitwood chips. I just opened the lid for the first time to check the water level. The ribs look and smell awesome!

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    The people on this forum make me laugh. Getting so worked up about other people wearing shorts or flip flops. I don't care what you wear, it's your business.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    There's been many days recently that I've been happy that my AC was able to keep the house below 80. Its at about 75 in here right now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom