Not open for further replies.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Just learned this morning they have cancelled the local fireworks here because of the dryness.
    They have threatened to cancel here before also. But it always seems to rain just enough to have the show. But the open burn bans remain in place. Go figure!

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    They have threatened to cancel here before also. But it always seems to rain just enough to have the show. But the open burn bans remain in place. Go figure!

I always look forward to ours, it's at a golf course across the street. My driving consists of dragging the lawn chairs around to the front yard.:D

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    I always look forward to ours, it's at a golf course across the street. My driving consists of dragging the lawn chairs around to the front yard.:D

The town used to set fireworks off on the public beach. We lived across the street form the beach and had the perfect view. Until the wind was out of the right direction....we got peppered with debris and a few hot embers landed on the roof of the house. I think the fireman were there a good 2 hours after the show ended making sure nothing started on fire. That wa the last year they shot them off the beach. :D

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Db not sure if you saw or not this morning but was nice to see you check in. knew you'd been hit hard up there.

Nope and thanks, appreciate it! I tried to text you but it wouldnt send. All safe but the car. :laugh:

I think we have hald the town at the landlords pool. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom