GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    to many calories

I'll pass, but yes they are good

I went to bed last night with just over 600 calories left for the day :rockwoot::rockwoot:
    Did you get the warning that you're taking in too few, and run the risk of your body slowing your metabolism down because it thinks you're starving?

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Did you get the warning that you're taking in too few, and run the risk of your body slowing your metabolism down because it thinks you're starving?
    umm no

I took in almost enough calories for the day then earned a bunch back through exercise. :dunno:
    and what would warn me I didn't take enough? I'm lost, which isn't unusual

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    :rofl: You guys crack me up this morning.

Hey JD are you ever going to Monroe Res this summer?

Unfortunately no. My friend with the boat decided to say some mean things and not take them back so we aren't friends anymore. I will have my own boat in a couple years though and I can't wait.

wait, life? what is this and how do we all get one?

IDK, it's all new to me

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    umm no

I took in almost enough calories for the day then earned a bunch back through exercise. :dunno:
    and what would warn me I didn't take enough? I'm lost, which isn't unusual
    Aren't you using myfitnesspal? Or is that Rayne? If you're not taking in enough calories your body will go into starvation mode and you will stop losing. If you're using something that tells you what your goal should be you need your net goal to be right around that number.

For example: My goal per day is 1600 calories. At that number, I will lose the weight I want in about 6 months. That number is based on height, weight, age, build and activity level. Now, say I burn 300 calories jogging. Then I am at a net caloric intake of 1300 calories, which is not enough for my body to function without going into starvation mode, so I need to eat 300 calories to stay healthy and lose weight. The number that myfitnesspal and like programs gives you is based on no activity at all.

Now, if you're not using a program and have just come up with a number on your own, none of the above applies, other than you still need a minimum amount of calories to effectively lose weight.

Hey Gbuck I was going to bring you some b&g but then I just went on living my life:laugh:
    :rolleyes: It's kinda cute that you think you have a life.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Aren't you using myfitnesspal? Or is that Rayne? If you're not taking in enough calories your body will go into starvation mode and you will stop losing. If you're using something that tells you what your goal should be you need your net goal to be right around that number.

For example: My goal per day is 1600 calories. At that number, I will lose the weight I want in about 6 months. That number is based on height, weight, age, build and activity level. Now, say I burn 300 calories jogging. Then I am at a net caloric intake of 1300 calories, which is not enough for my body to function without going into starvation mode, so I need to eat 300 calories to stay healthy and lose weight. The number that myfitnesspal and like programs gives you is based on no activity at all.

Now, if you're not using a program and have just come up with a number on your own, none of the above applies, other than you still need a minimum amount of calories to effectively lose weight.

:rolleyes: It's kinda cute that you think you have a life.

I am not, I am working with a pro. One day of to few calories isn't going to make that much difference. I need to adjust how much I eat at meals because I am not as hungry now as I used to be.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    to many calories

I'll pass, but yes they are good

I went to bed last night with just over 600 calories left for the day :rockwoot::rockwoot:

Careful...lose it smart not fast. But congrats on trying to quit smoking and lose weight at the same time. :yesway:

like my dreams this morning huh rayne? :dunno:

Yes, I do...MrsG is a biker babe to boot. :D

myfitnesspal.com is what IJW, GBuck and myself are using. He may think you are too. It will warn you if you take less than allotted so you don't risk slowing you metabolism.

Unfortunately no. My friend with the boat decided to say some mean things and not take them back so we aren't friends anymore. I will have my own boat in a couple years though and I can't wait.

IDK, it's all new to me

:( Too bad about your friendship. I hadn't heard you say anything about boating this summer so far.
    The daughter, some of her friends and myself are going out next week for a girls day. Hubby was :( cause he doesn't get to go.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I am not, I am working with a pro. One day of to few calories isn't going to make that much difference. I need to adjust how much I eat at meals because I am not as hungry now as I used to be.
    :+1:

I wasn't saying one day would kill you... I just know a lot of people that think, "Well if 1300 is good, 700 must be awesome." :laugh:

It must be Rayne that is using myfitnesspal.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom