Not open for further replies.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Didn't quiet make it to bed yet...

Damn it...The itching from this poison ivy was seriously about 1 one all day and in a matter of about 20 minutes it went up to about an 8.5.

Ok if you've had this poison ivy for a day or so now, most of the oil should be off your skin... Go take as hot a shower as you can stand. It will confuse your nerve endings and the itching will stop for a hour or two. Or you could try in a small area, away from your face, putting some icy hot/bengay on it. I say a small area, because it sounds like you are covered in the stuff. Alcohol(no not Jack Daniels) will also help dry up some of the spots, it cools it too but only for a short period. If all this fails use the Jack Daniels. :alcoholic:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Didn't quiet make it to bed yet...

Ok if you've had this poison ivy for a day or so now, most of the oil should be off your skin... Go take as hot a shower as you can stand. It will confuse your nerve endings and the itching will stop for a hour or two. Or you could try in a small area, away from your face, putting some icy hot/bengay on it. I say a small area, because it sounds like you are covered in the stuff. Alcohol(no not Jack Daniels) will also help dry up some of the spots, it cools it too but only for a short period. If all this fails use the Jack Daniels. :alcoholic:

I'm not completely covered, but I have it on my wrist to forearm on both arms...It's not covered, but nasty in a few spots...I also have a small patch over my left eye, a bit on my ear, a bit on my nose, a bit on my chin and a few speckles around my ankles.

While I did read that PI isn't contagious after a couple days and hot showers are good for soothing, the Doc told me NOT to take a hot shower just yet.

I'll probably wait at least 1 more day before I try it.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    My wife and kids insist we have poison ivy all over our property. I still don't know what it looks like.
    batman_poison_ivy.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom