• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    Sorry, my brother ribbed me about it earlier. I love getting deals, and I think I can make this work. Plus I can it can make for heck of a tax break if done properly. :alright:

Not to mention the good karma

You also combine store coupons with manufacturer coupons.

right. When I said coupons I meant store AND manufacturer. We have store coupons that are given when our shopper card is scanned and those can be used with manufacturer coupons. Pretty good deals sometimes :yesway:

BumpShadow

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Not to mention the good karma

right. When I said coupons I meant store AND manufacturer. We have store coupons that are given when our shopper card is scanned and those can be used with manufacturer coupons. Pretty good deals sometimes :yesway:

Absolutly good karma. And most store's also offer coupons on their website. It's crazy how much you can save! I had no idea.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    Absolutly good karma. And most store's also offer coupons on their website. It's crazy how much you can save! I had no idea.

and sometimes you can just get lucky. We have one dog food rep that will consistantly give me $10 off a bag coupons to try to get me to buy the food. Doesn't specify what size bag. Guess how much the smallest bag of that brand costs? And guess what? Pug rescue LOVES when I donate food for them :rockwoot:

BumpShadow

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    and sometimes you can just get lucky. We have one dog food rep that will consistantly give me $10 off a bag coupons to try to get me to buy the food. Doesn't specify what size bag. Guess how much the smallest bag of that brand costs? And guess what? Pug rescue LOVES when I donate food for them :rockwoot:

Totally. I'm saving coupons for pet food and treats just so I can donate. I don't even have a dogs, I have birds.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    Totally. I'm saving coupons for pet food and treats just so I can donate. I don't even have a dogs, I have birds.

we put bird items on sale....but be careful where you get coupons. We had a customer buy us out on largest bags of a certain brand using coupons. She donated the food, at the store, to the Humane Society of Indianapolis. The coupons were fradulant. She called and I talked to her and she said she didn't know they were fradulant and she'd be in to return the food so we could put it back on the shelf. Never happened. HSI got a great donation, not sure if we took a hit on the coupons from the company :twocents: To clarify, the coupons themselves weren't the issue I think, I think it's just how she got them :dunno:

BumpShadow

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    we put bird items on sale....but be careful where you get coupons. We had a customer buy us out on largest bags of a certain brand using coupons. She donated the food, at the store, to the Humane Society of Indianapolis. The coupons were fradulant. She called and I talked to her and she said she didn't know they were fradulant and she'd be in to return the food so we could put it back on the shelf. Never happened. HSI got a great donation, not sure if we took a hit on the coupons from the company :twocents: To clarify, the coupons themselves weren't the issue I think, I think it's just how she got them :dunno:

I'm only getting mine from verified websites and the sunday paper. I've heard that some people will photocopy coupons and the like. I'm not going to do that. Don't need to. I get the kids at my volunteer group to get my sunday paper coupons for a small reward like candy or something.

And where did everybody else go?

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    I'm only getting mine from verified websites and the sunday paper. I've heard that some people will photocopy coupons and the like. I'm not going to do that. Don't need to. I get the kids at my volunteer group to get my sunday paper coupons for a small reward like candy or something.

And where did everybody else go?

The coupons were good as far as I know. All I know is AFTER the fact a rep for that company said the coupons were fradulant :dunno:

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    Huh. Interesting. Of course the loss in money is so low it most likely doesn't matter who takes the hit. As long as isn't the employee's right?

wwwweeellll, as a manager, it depends on whether the loss goes down as shrink. If it does, that impacts my yearly raise and my bonus. HOWEVER, seeing as how the food went to HSI, I won't complain a bit :yesway:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom