• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I love ties. They're great advertisements. They're a big arrow that points directly at your junk. Except bow ties. Those suck.

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    Sylvain: As requested, I took some pictures of my datacenter the other night during my late-night maintenance.

This is a cabinet with a SAN (Storage Area Network). Basically a giant data storage silo. There are whole rows of these. Each of the drives in this cabinet is 600GB, and there are 128 drives. That means there's about 77 terabytes just in this cabinet alone. The two boxes in the center are redundant control units.
    jGqwd.jpg

Just an aisle way showing typical cabinet layout, with a whiteboard on the wall. There are other tools in the datacenter for anyone who needs them, like rolling carts with keyboard and mouse, and even an entire rolling desk if you need a temporary workspace near your cabinet.
    ePcEx.jpg

This is another shot down an aisle. Note the wire guides above, the power distribution unit on the left, and the caged area at the end. The holes in the floor are for the air conditioning system. Only every other aisle is air conditioned. The other aisles are called "hot aisles". It's more efficient to alternate hot and cold aisles. Also, if you look closely, you can see that one of the security cameras has been bumped and is pointed at the nearby cabinet instead of down the aisle.

All of these cabinets are fully enclosed and individually locked. This area is leased on a per-cabinet basis and only the lessor has access to his cabinet. However, for larger environments, the datacenter owner will cage off a whole section of the floor. The cage in this picture is all one company's servers. They have approximately half of this entire datacenter floor. This is different than the other datacenter pics I posted last week where all of the racks are open.
    sTniM.jpg

Very impressive. Do you guys simply do hosting or what?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom