• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    You have that cheap steel ammo at $5 a box of 20 but nobody will let me shoot that stuff through their rifle.
    I have seen a bunch of fellow members saying "everything but steel".
    I have no idea who buys that stuff then and why it's that bad.
    you can shoot steel outta my AR. not a big deal with me. just extra cleaning.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    you can shoot steel outta my AR. not a big deal with me. just extra cleaning.

So it just more dirty? :dunno:
    I heard there is also reliability issues but I will guess it depends on the gun you use.

According to some this steel ammo will either kill you or destroy your rifle, I just dont see how. :dunno:

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    I heard there is also reliability issues but I will guess it depends on the gun you use.

According to some this steel ammo will either kill you or destroy your rifle, I just dont see how. :dunno:

Steel is going to be harder on your ejector also. Personally, I'm sure steel cased would be fine in my gun but I'd prefer not to take the chance. If all you had was steel cased ammo with you and you wanted to shoot it, I'd let you. I'd rather be safe than sorry with brass, though.:twocents:

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    The cheapest brass cased stuff at Cabela's is $8.99. The same thing 3 months ago was $5.99 and sometimes $5.50. I'm just going to start buying larger quantities online to save some money.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Steel is going to be harder on your ejector also. Personally, I'm sure steel cased would be fine in my gun but I'd prefer not to take the chance. If all you had was steel cased ammo with you and you wanted to shoot it, I'd let you. I'd rather be safe than sorry with brass, though.:twocents:

But the steel used for the ammo must be much softer than the steel used for the ejector.
    I dont think they use hardened steel for the ammo, well I dont know.

Im not going to use any steel ammo on someone else's gun if that could dammage it anyway.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana

well. i am a firm believer that wolf, tulammo, etc, are all the same. its dirty powder. oh well. buy a few boxes and get a hold of me. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom