• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I have a friend/compatriot that does some really great custum knife making.
    It's mostly tactical/survival stuff.

72121267.jpg

72121051.jpg

55718741.jpg

Taipan1.jpg

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    That last blade looks really cool Sylvain. As for the one on the holster, I don't like the idea of carrying a fixed blade on the same side as my pistol, if it is meant for defense.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I think I'm becoming more addicted to knives than to guns.

Once you start progressively buying better and better knives, it will definitely hook you.

I've been bitten by the knife bug before, but eventually sold most of them because they just sat there and I didn't really do anything with them. Eventually I came to look at them like I now look at guns-- as tools with a purpose. Therefore I found one I liked and stuck with it. Even if I later "upgrade", I'll have no use for the current one and it'll get sold.

I certainly have an appreciation for the collectors and enjoy anything of fine quality, but it just isn't for me.

On kinda the same note, I cut myself all the dang time, I've never shot myself. :):

That has me curious-- is there a "4-rules" of knife safety? If not, what should those universal rules be?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    :wow: Sylvain, those are really cool.

He's a pro and very talented.He's the next Fred Perrin (if you guys know who that is) in my opinion.
    He started doing folders too.
    Most of his designed are developped with the help of some LEO and military guys in France.He's always into martial arts so he know what he's doing, it's just not fancy stuff.

Croquis_BBR1.JPG

BBR1-12.jpg

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Once you start progressively buying better and better knives, it will definitely hook you.

I've been bitten by the knife bug before, but eventually sold most of them because they just sat there and I didn't really do anything with them. Eventually I came to look at them like I now look at guns-- as tools with a purpose. Therefore I found one I liked and stuck with it. Even if I later "upgrade", I'll have no use for the current one and it'll get sold.

I certainly have an appreciation for the collectors and enjoy anything of fine quality, but it just isn't for me.
    I don't know that I will ever "collect" knives, like I do guns. I have the Spyderco, and I will probably get a few more, for different situations (dress, hidden, beater, edc, etc.). I have the ESEE 4-S and I will probably get a Junglaus and call it a day. Now, I won't say that I will never 'Upgrade' my fixed blade, or even my folders, but that time is a ways off. Depending on finances, I may keep or sell the stuff I currently have.

That has me curious-- is there a "4-rules" of knife safety? If not, what should those universal rules be?
    Haven't you seen BradsKnives avatar? It's a book of "5 dos and 500 don'ts of knife handling," or something like that.

ETA:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    That last blade looks really cool Sylvain. As for the one on the holster, I don't like the idea of carrying a fixed blade on the same side as my pistol, if it is meant for defense.

You can still draw the knife with both hands in that position.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom