• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    At one time I was a field supervisor with team of 7-10 techs and a territory covering about a third of the city. I actually enjoyed it but my problem was a service manager that made a habit of getting played by techs that were whining about something and changing my orders without talking to me first. :xmad: I don't work that way. After the third time, I told him he could keep his supervisors job and I'm going back to the field full time. :cool:

I kind of like being in charge :D and I'd take a pay cut if I was to stop being a manager.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I kind of like being in charge :D and I'd take a pay cut if I was to stop being a manager.

I actually ended up getting a pretty good raise within a couple months of going back to the field. Plus I got to stay on salary instead of hourly. I don't think I worked a full 40 hour week the rest of the time I was there!

I'm still a lot better off where I am now though, otherwise I wouldn't have left.

johnb62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Oct 15, 2008
    Evansville Area
    How were the storms up in the Indy area last night? It got pretty ugly here!

I lost one shingle:xmad:. A swing landed on the pool cover. All in all not to bad though. Some others got hit a lot worse.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker

I lost one shingle:xmad:. A swing landed on the pool cover. All in all not to bad though. Some others got hit a lot worse.

I'm on the South East side. We got tons of rain and some wind but nothing too severe except for the flooding.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    I actually ended up getting a pretty good raise within a couple months of going back to the field. Plus I got to stay on salary instead of hourly. I don't think I worked a full 40 hour week the rest of the time I was there!

I'm still a lot better off where I am now though, otherwise I wouldn't have left.

I can't get salaried unless I get promoted. I'd probably take it now, knowing what a jump to salary would get me $$. BUT that won't happen so eh :dunno:...only way I'm really looking at real advancement would be to sit and wait it out here or jump ship

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy

I'm on the SW side. I slept through it :D. Only "damage" was thousands of little pink flower petals ALL over my truck :xmad:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom