• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Not sure, I know those combination allergy/pain reliever meds arent good for them. SO whatever that pain med is, is a no go.

Yeah, I just did a search and the general consensus was to not give them anything without consulting the vet first...I've always heard aspirin is safe, but unfortunately I don't have any right now.

On a side note, while doing the search I just typed in "pain r" and and chrome filled in " pain relief for dogs." Weird.

a shot of whiskey will do the trick...I'd think. :dunno:

Probably, but I wonder if he'd actually drink it...He loves drinking out of an unflushed toilet, so it probably wouldn't be a problem.:):

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Except the Aspirin!!
    Thats why I omitted that part of the quote.

Benny, do you have Benadryl handy? If so, it wont help with the pain, but it could knock him out till tomorrow when you can talk to a vet or get some aspirin. 25 mg avery 8 hours, although i generally give mine 1 a day before bed in the spring.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I wouldn't try any of those! I asked the vet point blank what to give her for pain and he said the only thing would be half an aspirin! you can hop down to any convince store and buy a small bottle for a couple bucks! Narproxen can make their intestines bleed, and the other two are more for swelling, I would stick with aspirin I know it to be safe for him Benny!

You cannot give any of these to a dog

Alcohol is bad for dogs also

All of the above can cause kidney failure in dogs

OK thanks...He'll just have to suck it up until tomorrow. I don't think he's in pain unless he's actually up and moving, so he should be fine.

I worked on my car(distributer cap and plugs) today and so he was outside and playing for several hours. He's pretty beat, so I doubt he'll be moving too much anyway.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

Benny, do you have Benadryl handy? If so, it wont help with the pain, but it could knock him out till tomorrow when you can talk to a vet or get some aspirin. 25 mg avery 8 hours, although i generally give mine 1 a day before bed in the spring.

Benadryl doesn't make him tired at all.

There was about a 6 month period when I thought he had allergies, so I gave him several(vet recommended) benadryl every day, so he's pretty immune to them.

Like I said, he's really tired, so I don't think he'll be moving too much anyway.

He's do for shots, so I'll probably take him to the vet tomorrow and just ask then.

Either that or just pick up some aspirin.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!

Oop's I didn't see that!! :D

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    I know this is going to sound nerdy, but ive been waiting for the fourth book in a series to come out for like 2 years now, and its finally scheduled for realease, but its in freaking november.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom