• Status
    Not open for further replies.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    That's what I figured. What I told her. I think the price (and to a lesser degree the reviews) will keep her from buying that thing

I don't try to tell people what to do but if it were me and I were you then I would try to steer her away from that one.

Tell her to stick with a Ruger, S&W, or Taurus for a quality revolver that isn't over priced.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    I don't try to tell people what to do but if it were me and I were you then I would try to steer her away from that one.

Tell her to stick with a Ruger, S&W, or Taurus for a quality revolver that isn't over priced.

Trust me, I wouldn't, and couldn't, tell her what to do or what to buy. She said she's thinking S&W and maybe Taurus.

She should pry try some first.

I have a 6" 357 and a snub nose .38

she wants to try some before she buys, it's more a matter of getting her to a range

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    If she is wanting lightweight then I would look at a S&W airweight but to be honest that would depend on how she plans to carry. If she is going to carry in her purse or doesn't mind a little weight then I would go with a steel framed revolver to take some recoil away. I have a Rossi .38 snubby that I like a lot and it shoots really well. The Rossi's are made by Taurus and are a copy of the Taurus .38 pistols. Some people don't like Taurus automatics but their revolvers are really hard to beat.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Trust me, I wouldn't, and couldn't, tell her what to do or what to buy. She said she's thinking S&W and maybe Taurus.

she wants to try some before she buys, it's more a matter of getting her to a range

If you can round a few revolvers up we could do a range trip on the south side (my range is in Gnawbone)

Drako

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Lawrence
    If she is wanting lightweight then I would look at a S&W airweight but to be honest that would depend on how she plans to carry. If she is going to carry in her purse or doesn't mind a little weight then I would go with a steel framed revolver to take some recoil away. I have a Rossi .38 snubby that I like a lot and it shoots really well. The Rossi's are made by Taurus and are a copy of the Taurus .38 pistols. Some people don't like Taurus automatics but their revolvers are really hard to beat.

Purse? wtf is a purse?

If you can round a few revolvers up we could do a range trip on the south side (my range is in Gnawbone)

Trick is finding time in Drako's oh-so-busy schedule

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy

Irish, very good points but I can tell ya right now, NO purse so no purse carry and I have a Taurus automatic, NO complaints other then the freakin' slide

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    :rolleyes:

They're basically knock-offs.. besides the judge anyway.

And for the price you can almost get a Smith which in my opinion would be the better one

Every manufacturer has duds as well as winners. The S&W and Rugers are nice which is why I suggest them to people but Taurus is not a bad choice for revolvers.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom