• Status
    Not open for further replies.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Would you have any idea why water would be getting into the rear passenger floor board on an 05 Impala? There is no water leaking down the door and nothing in driver side or front passenger floor board.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Would you have any idea why water would be getting into the rear passenger floor board on an 05 Impala? There is no water leaking down the door and nothing in driver side or front passenger floor board.

Wow. That's an interesting one. I've read about them leaking into the front from and unsealed cowl air intake but you said the front is dry. Is there any moisture in the trunk area?

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Wow. That's an interesting one. I've read about them leaking into the front from and unsealed cowl air intake but you said the front is dry. Is there any moisture in the trunk area?

Ya, I fixed the front leak a long time ago. DON'T BUY AN IMPALA!

Now that you mention it there was a couple cardboard boxed things in my drunk that had some moisture marks.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Ya, I fixed the front leak a long time ago. DON'T BUY AN IMPALA!

Now that you mention it there was a couple cardboard boxed things in my drunk that had some moisture marks.

These cars have had lots of complaints regarding leaks into the interior. Two things I would check first. Remove the tail-light assys and check that they are sealed properly to the car. I think I read something about that somewhere. Also, the trunk lid gasket. Its a little messy to clean up after but you can spread a thin layer of grease on the gasket, close the trunk lid, then open it. The lack of grease on the bottom of the lid will tell you where its not contacting. If it leaks in the trunk, the water goes to the lowest point which is the rear floor.

Keep in mind, I may be a "technician", but I don't work on cars for a living, I actually mostly work on copiers.:): I do like working on cars though and do lots of reading about it. I've found that just about the best mechanic on the planet (if you know how to use it) is named
    th_google.gif

I can't believe I actually found a good use for that smiley! :laugh:

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    I plan on going to an Appleseed this year myself. Congrats on the truck:rockwoot:

I think an Appleseed would be lots of fun...and a patch would go nicely on the range bag I use for work :D

th_awesome-1.gif

What was it?

Irishfan's superior knowledge giving them help:laugh:

Supr, you DID help. He started checking the resistor wiring and it was a loose connection :D Fairly fast, fairly easy and FREE (I did buy him lunch though)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom