Not open for further replies.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    What's up Snake Charmer. :):

lol, my brother needed my opinion on another car, whether he should buy it or not. Then, we get in my truck and he wants the AC on. And no cold air comes out. Checked all the fuses and relays, looks like my blower motor is probably out :xmad:

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    lol, my brother needed my opinion on another car, whether he should buy it or not. Then, we get in my truck and he wants the AC on. And no cold air comes out. Checked all the fuses and relays, looks like my blower motor is probably out :xmad:

So it wasn't just no COLD air, it was no air blowing at all? Even if you try the heater?

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Man, after last night I was hoping to take it easy, but my friend just called me and said he'd be in town from Indy. I already know my arm is going to get twisted.

I guess tomorrow will have to be my recovery day.:rolleyes:

:):

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    close. Trailblazer

Most chevys have a fan resistor that commonly goes bad. Its usually under the dash mounted to the ductwork. If you can get to the connector for your fan, you can check to see if its bad by unplugging it and using a set of jumper cables to put 12 volts to it. This will bypass the resistor.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    Most chevys have a fan resistor that commonly goes bad. Its usually under the dash mounted to the ductwork. If you can get to the connector for your fan, you can check to see if its bad by unplugging it and using a set of jumper cables to put 12 volts to it. This will bypass the resistor.

cool, my brother's going to do research on where that's at and look into it for me..thanks Supr!!

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Man, after last night I was hoping to take it easy, but my friend just called me and said he'd be in town from Indy. I already know my arm is going to get twisted.

I guess tomorrow will have to be my recovery day.:rolleyes:

:):

Well try not to have TOO much fun! :rockwoot:

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    cool, my brother's going to do research on where that's at and look into it for me..thanks Supr!!

Looks like your fan resistor is located under the glovebox area. Also, seems like its pretty common for the wiring harness to the resistor to get hot and fail as well. The harness and the resistor are available at most auto parts stores.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    Looks like your fan resistor is located under the glovebox area. Also, seems like its pretty common for the wiring harness to the resistor to get hot and fail as well. The harness and the resistor are available at most auto parts stores.

:D thanks again Supr!! I'll pass it on to him :rockwoot:

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    A girl's gotta have fun, right Benny? :D

th_img-1194720800.gif
    I see what you did there!

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    The reason my buddy is coming in is because it's his step-Dad's(Charlie) birthday.

Charlie is friggin' awesome. I usually end up hanging out with him more then I do my buddy...If I end up having one too many, it will be because of Chuck.:):

Everytime my buddy comes into town, Charlie cooks us a 4 course, 5-star restaurant quality meal and he's usually cooking for 15-20 people.

I'm anxious to find out what is on the menu tonight.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom