• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Good morning good people. Didnt have to work today so why am I up?
    my hubby didn't either but he went in at 4am, is deferring the holiday pay to use another day and is getting paid double time.. how can you turn that down?

my only beef is he woke me up before he left, at 3:15am. :n00b:

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    The weekend after that is my tattoo/hog roast -spring party (18yrs)
    then the next weekend after that is the eat and greet.
    busy man. good way to be. my tattoo is setting in real nice like. and on this note. i wish all of you a very excellent day. and somone buy my 1911 in the bst threads. :) talk at ya later. take care.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    this was a huge deal. Soldiers from Fort Ben did a group buy special order while in Iraq. 61 custom colts came a calling at my door. Because of the circumstances my guy in that group got us to do the transfers and said to do them for $25 a piece as it is going to be a bit more work than a normal transfer... how could I turn that down?

I have 20 left that need picked up or shipped out. They have drill the weekend of the 14th so I need to be there so the guys can pick them up.

Thats a good amount of coin. You could buy a lot of Papa, Mama, Teen and Baby burgers with that. :D

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Thats a good amount of coin. You could buy a lot of Papa, Mama, Teen and Baby burgers with that. :D
    :laugh::laugh:

yeah it is. it has been a lot of work too.

One of the Colts had to go to Maryland. They do not accept Colt as they have to have the spent shell casing which Colt does not do. I found a Class 7 manufacturer for that and had them collect the shell casing and all went as planned and she got her gun.
    I have soldiers with out of state drivers licenses, so I also have to have orders placing them here. It's a wee bit of a headache.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    :dunno: so why are you up?
    :wavey: good morning Dp. :D
    Stupid alarm clock cat, thats why.

:laugh::laugh:

yeah it is. it has been a lot of work too.

One of the Colts had to go to Maryland. They do not accept Colt as they have to have the spent shell casing which Colt does not do. I found a Class 7 manufacturer for that and had them collect the shell casing and all went as planned and she got her gun.
    I have soldiers with out of state drivers licenses, so I also have to have orders placing them here. It's a wee bit of a headache.

Sounds like you have earned the coin then and you are doing a good thing for our sevice men. :yesway:

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Stupid alarm clock cat, thats why.

Sounds like you have earned the coin then and you are doing a good thing for our sevice men. :yesway:

I would have done it without the increase of transfer fee. Our military men and women deserve so much more than I can do for them. AJ knew though the headache it would be as he also works for us. He said $25 was cheap and the guys were getting a good deal on the guns so they could pay a bit more. He actually wanted it to be more and I said no, this was enough. Of course he got his free as he has been doing as much leg work for it as me. Handling emails from the military guys then passing the information on to me so I can coordinate with them.
    I hope I get them all out soon.
    We had no back wall the day they were delivered. I pulled in to the alley and saw a semi blocking it. So I drove around front and walked out back and there sits 2 crates of guns. 150# each. The contractor signed for them and got them inside for me. So glad the safe was heavy to begin with then add 300#'s of guns... it wasn't going anywhere!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom