tonhe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Elkhart
    Is that a cross between a Hat and a Tomato?? :dunno:

Nope, it's my new awesome knife..

Hey.. you live near me. Do you know much about lever guns? I want to buy one, but I'm weary about buying a Remlin.. but Midwest has one that I'd consider.. just need an expert

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Nope, it's my new awesome knife..

Hey.. you live near me. Do you know much about lever guns? I want to buy one, but I'm weary about buying a Remlin.. but Midwest has one that I'd consider.. just need an expert

I've owned a few over the years! Winchester & Marlin still own a Marlin in 44 mag! What are you wanting to know?? :D

tonhe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Elkhart
    I've owned a few over the years! Winchester & Marlin still own a Marlin in 44 mag! What are you wanting to know?? :D

Well, since Remington took over Marlin, I've been told to be cautious about what I buy... I really want a 1895 SBL, but would want someone to look at it before buying.. Midwest has a 1895 GBL that looks good to me, but I need to find someone that knows what to look for on these types of guns...

Basically, I want to pay someone $20 to give a gun the thumbs up before I throw down some money :)

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Well, since Remington took over Marlin, I've been told to be cautious about what I buy... I really want a 1895 SBL, but would want someone to look at it before buying.. Midwest has a 1895 GBL that looks good to me, but I need to find someone that knows what to look for on these types of guns...

Basically, I want to pay someone $20 to give a gun the thumbs up before I throw down some money :)

Well I'm no expert! But would be glad to meet ya over there and take a look at it if it would make ya feel better! What caliber are you looking at!

tonhe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Elkhart
    Well I'm no expert! But would be glad to meet ya over there and take a look at it if it would make ya feel better! What caliber are you looking at!

That would be awesome :) I'm looking for a 45-70 -- this is the GBL they have...

zoom-1895GBL.jpg

tonhe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Elkhart
    I know! Apparently the fit and finish has been off on some of them, but I haven't shot a real big bore lever gun since I shot a 1895SS in 45-70 when I was 8 years old..

Friend of my dad's who reloaded... hot. Boy that hurt like hell.. but I was a shooter back then, I had to try it out!!! That experience has made me want one of my own.. and now, it's time!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom