• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    Yeah, glad I never went that route... especially in that venue, it's more likely than not that people are not who they say they are...

It's MUCH more likely...I've been lied to about height and weight too many times to count..If you can't tell the truth on those what else are you willing to lie about?

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    It's MUCH more likely...I've been lied to about height and weight too many times to count..If you can't tell the truth on those what else are you willing to lie about?

REALLY!?!?!?!?!

How can you hide your height or weight?????????????

I didn't know that people took it that far!!!!

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    Roseanne's?

What is the deal with dating sites anyway? Do they actually work? Meeting someone new for the first time on a date would be a bit much for me I would imagine.

Girls that pulled the bait and switch. The girl my brother was talking to sent him a head shot. I saw it, she was cute. However, her head was not in proportion to her body. She was a....bigger...girl, which he had told her he wasn't attracted to so she knew in advance. He moved on. My friend started talking to a girl in Chicago. She had even put up a fake picture on FaceBook. Sent him an email and a new, acurate picture. The first sentence of the email was basically "You're going to hate me when you see the picture." He didn't appreciate being lied to so he broke it off and got crap from people for not wanting to date her cause she was bigger. NO, he didn't want to date her cause she lied.

Dating sites basically suck. I'm sure they do work for some people, some times. I know they do. I met my ex husband online....but yeah, it's stressful to meet someone that way.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    REALLY!?!?!?!?!

How can you hide your height or weight?????????????

I didn't know that people took it that far!!!!

IDK why they'd do that....First guy, the pics were old...like when he was still in the Army. He said he was 5'11", ok, that's the same height as my ex, I know what that height is like in relation to me. He also said he had a few pounds to lose. OK, so do I. "A few" doesn't mean 30 to me. Another one was 5'7"...um, no dude, I'm taller then you are and I'm 5'6". I was afraid I'd break him or something. IDK, I think guys overestimate?

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head

Find out when you meet them or did they come clean? I don't understand why people lie but it reminds me of the Brad Paisley song Online.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    Find out when you meet them or did they come clean? I don't understand why people lie but it reminds me of the Brad Paisley song Online.

I got to find out when I met them :rolleyes:...the first one I actually drove up to Castleton for dinner..that was fun but I got a funny story out of it :D. The 2nd one came to my old store, that was more awkward then anything else

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I got to find out when I met them :rolleyes:...the first one I actually drove up to Castleton for dinner..that was fun but I got a funny story out of it :D. The 2nd one came to my old store, that was more awkward then anything else

:laugh:

I feel for you but glad I have never had to go through it myself

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Mods made quick work of that. Someone bumping old threads with just the word bump for post count. He even go to just putting a period. Now they are all gone.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    Mods made quick work of that. Someone bumping old threads with just the word bump for post count. He even go to just putting a period. Now they are all gone.

sigh...good. If they just want to use the classifieds, they should just pay the $10. I don't really worry about my "good" post count, I'm sure I'm ok with possibly 50 :D but eh....I'm glad they caught them and deleted them :rockwoot:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom