Not open for further replies.

sclark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    :wavey:
    Me and Jim spent the entire day in the garage working on the Camaro and melting lead, got a lot done on the car and Jim has a pretty impressive pile of lead ingots.

Jerry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    S. Indy
    It has more to do with how well you buff it out afterwards than it does how you apply the paint to the scratch.

Yea, that's what I've been reading. I'm sure I'll have a bit of an issue with the metallic color being a bear to match in too.

They're three small, but very deep scratches on the hood. I figure I'll give it a shot sometime after all this rain comes through. I'll wash it well, touch it up & buff, then wax it. :dunno:

The extent of my body work experience goes no farther than old military vehicles and beat up Jeeps.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Me and Jim spent the entire day in the garage working on the Camaro and melting lead, got a lot done on the car and Jim has a pretty impressive pile of lead ingots.
    I just towed home a car project today. I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to it or not.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County

Nice job. I wish I got that much done today, but all I've done is sleep, bowl, and relax :):

I'll get some work done tomorrow though hopefully.

What kind of project you get Supr?

sclark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    95 Skylark. Low mileage car in good shape. The catch is its been parked in a garage untouched for about 4 years. And it was not prepared properly for it.

It was given to my daughter by my FIL.

Can't beet a free car, especially a low mileage one. You said you towed it home, dose it not run at all?

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Can't beet a free car, especially a low mileage one. You said you towed it home, dose it not run at all?

I want to pull the plugs out, shoot some oil in there and let it soak for a while before I try to crank it. Plus it has a dead battery, and I don't trust the gas in the tank after sitting that long. I couldn't work on it where it was and there's just a lot of little things that need to be done.

sclark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I want to pull the plugs out, shoot some oil in there and let it soak for a while before I try to crank it. Plus it has a dead battery, and I don't trust the gas in the tank after sitting that long. I couldn't work on it where it was and there's just a lot of little things that need to be done.

I see, I hope you get it going and theres no problems.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Well see I plan on doing what you did today tomorrow, except the only bowling I would be doing is on the wii...:):

haha well that would be a cheap way of doing it and you wouldn't have to leave your living room. :):

for me it was church leagues, and I'll be doing it again next Sat. I just hope I can be more consistant next week.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County

Sounds like fun. :rolleyes:

But a free car is a free car. It doesn't sound like too bad of a job to get up and going again. I just hope you don't run into more problems than its worth, I'm running into that sort of thing right now. :(

Good luck!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom