Not open for further replies.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    What kind of stuff do you find?
    all kinds of stuff....anything made of metal.

DSCI0119-1.jpg

fgeg.jpg

109finds.jpg

mdstuff-1.jpg

07coins.jpg

P5110028.jpg

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    So why nine different ones? Do they each have a separate purpose?

yep..some are better in areas with lots of iron...some are deal better with electrical interferance...some are higher gain and pick up gold better..etc etc. to be fair a couple of my machines can be programed to work in any area but I keep my old ones as I upgrade. my newest one will tell me whats in the ground,how deep it is and I can adjust every setting on it...I actually have 2 like this but my newer one is more accurate.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    yep..some are better in areas with lots of iron...some are deal better with electrical interferance...some are higher gain and pick up gold better..etc etc. to be fair a couple of my machines can be programed to work in any area but I keep my old ones as I upgrade. my newest one will tell me whats in the ground,how deep it is and I can adjust every setting on it...I actually have 2 like this but my newer one is more accurate.

How deep can they detect something?

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    How deep can they detect something?

Depends on what type of signal it gives and how well I am able to ground balance my machine{cancel out various minerals and such}...if its a large item in "clean" ground I can go a couple feet...something the size of a coin and made of a metal that gives off a good signal like silver,then I can pick it up at 10-16" in average soil...doesnt sound like a lot buts it more than enough.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I've thought about getting one to use on my property. I found two silencers hidden in the ceiling and a list four pages long of some very nice guns. The original owner, who owned the guns, ended up with alzheimers. I'm wondering if he buried anything...

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    Depends on what type of signal it gives and how well I am able to ground balance my machine{cancel out various minerals and such}...if its a large item in "clean" ground I can go a couple feet...something the size of a coin and made of a metal that gives off a good signal like silver,then I can pick it up at 10-16" in average soil...doesnt sound like a lot buts it more than enough.

:yesway:

Where do you search for this stuff? Beaches, construction sites, parks, etc.?

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    :yesway:

Where do you search for this stuff? Beaches, construction sites, parks, etc.?

All of the above:D
    I mostly hunt old home sites...I've got a large collection of turn of the century maps that show me where old homes use to be..most of them are now crop fields or in dense woods. I dont hunt alot of new public places simply because the amount of trash you find isnt worth the one gold or silver ring you may find...it could take 2 or 3 days to properly go over a large public area and you'll find a thousand pull tabs and bottle caps to every one worth while target.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    All of the above:D
    I mostly hunt old home sites...I've got a large collection of turn of the century maps that show me where old homes use to be..most of them are now crop fields or in dense woods. I dont hunt alot of new public places simply because the amount of trash you find isnt worth the one gold or silver ring you may find...it could take 2 or 3 days to properly go over a large public area and you'll find a thousand pull tabs and bottle caps to every one worth while target.

How long have you been hunting(actually, what is your estimated hours spent hunting) and how much "stuff" have you found monetarily speaking?

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    How long have you been hunting(actually, what is your estimated hours spent hunting) and how much "stuff" have you found monetarily speaking?

I've been doing since I was a kid{9-10 yrs old} I didnt get real serious about it until about 1999-2000. as far what I've found monetarily speaking...I'd rather not say on the interwebz.

there for awhile I was hunting 6 days a week 3-6 hours per day in the spring,fall and summer. in the past year or two I havent been doing much at all...I went 3-4 times last year. I plan on hitting it hard again this spring before the farmers get the fields planted.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom