mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Mom45 you were talking about freezing cherry/grape tomatoes a while back, any special technique?

Just wash/dry and toss into a ziplock. Freeze and use as needed. If I am adding them to a recipe that is being cooked that usually uses chopped up tomato, I cut them up and cook frozen. They seem to hold their shape better that way. If you freeze chopped up tomatoes, they end up as a big frozen block so you have to use the whole bag at once. If I need tomato juice in a recipe, I just run them through the blender.

The gardener loves it, it's pricey but I've never been able to duplicate it very well. I keep trying.

I had cactus wine last weekend. It was very sweet but pretty tasty.

Sorry I disappeared. Apparently, my oldest sister's husband is in Indy. Just had his appendix out. It had perforated, and he is on some super duper blood thinner that required him to be near a blood bank to have the surgery to remove it. Nobody bothered to let me know when he was taken there by ambulance yesterday. This is the same sister that couldn't handle my dad being in the hospital when he had his stroke and whined about how nobody helped her when her last husband had been hospitalized for something....maybe because she never told us???? :ugh:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just wash/dry and toss into a ziplock. Freeze and use as needed. If I am adding them to a recipe that is being cooked that usually uses chopped up tomato, I cut them up and cook frozen. They seem to hold their shape better that way. If you freeze chopped up tomatoes, they end up as a big frozen block so you have to use the whole bag at once. If I need tomato juice in a recipe, I just run them through the blender.

I had cactus wine last weekend. It was very sweet but pretty tasty.

Sorry I disappeared. Apparently, my oldest sister's husband is in Indy. Just had his appendix out. It had perforated, and he is on some super duper blood thinner that required him to be near a blood bank to have the surgery to remove it. Nobody bothered to let me know when he was taken there by ambulance yesterday. This is the same sister that couldn't handle my dad being in the hospital when he had his stroke and whined about how nobody helped her when her last husband had been hospitalized for something....maybe because she never told us???? :ugh:

I get the same crap from my side. I only find out about serious issues after they are over or someone is dead.
    I dont get it.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I get the same crap from my side. I only find out about serious issues after they are over or someone is dead.
    I dont get it.

I hate the drama. This is going to cause serious drama with his family because they did not tell his adult kids or his siblings either.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I hate the drama. This is going to cause serious drama with his family because they did not tell his adult kids or his siblings either.

That is just not fair to those folks. JMHO of course.

I see you eclipsed 30K Mom. I remember your 1st post and the drama you were going through.
    One of the best new member posts series ever. So glad you stuck around.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    That is just not fair to those folks. JMHO of course.

I see you eclipsed 30K Mom. I remember your 1st post and the drama you were going through.
    One of the best new member posts series ever. So glad you stuck around.

Thanks CM

I try to avoid drama but sometimes it just seems to follow me. I just deleted an admin from the goat forum....this could get interesting, but she is a drama queen and I just removed the drama potential. I had blocked her on FB a long time ago but the site owner didn't want to remove her as an admin at that point.

I am going to bed. She hasn't logged on over there for four years but had created a FB page under the same name and has now made it some sort of secret group, which has triggered several messages to me about her. I'm hoping she doesn't even try to log in there again and it will just end all contact with her. The site owner agreed with me on that one.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thanks CM

I try to avoid drama but sometimes it just seems to follow me. I just deleted an admin from the goat forum....this could get interesting, but she is a drama queen and I just removed the drama potential. I had blocked her on FB a long time ago but the site owner didn't want to remove her as an admin at that point.

I am going to bed. She hasn't logged on over there for four years but had created a FB page under the same name and has now made it some sort of secret group, which has triggered several messages to me about her. I'm hoping she doesn't even try to log in there again and it will just end all contact with her. The site owner agreed with me on that one.

The Goat Forum. Oh what I could do with this. But I won't as I know better. :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Trencher
    Top Bottom