Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Holy crap mom....wild kingdom.

It is a bit crowded some days! The pictures are fun to see...I love seeing all of the turkeys coming back. We haven't had this many for the past several years.

Good news from your son I hope.

Yep. The situation from last weekend has been resolved...as in the hostel owner had a serious talk with the two drunks and my son has moved out of the hostel and is staying at the home of someone he is friends with. His belongings are all safe there. He is still being paid to manage the hostel but since he is not receiving the free room, he no longer has to do a lot of the volunteer duties he was doing before. This will allow him more time to focus on his art and hopefully get back to updating this blog/FB page more often.

Tuesday will mark the one year anniversary of when he left here.

We had a good afternoon fishing. We didn't catch a lot of fish but it was very relaxing. Hubby caught a 20" bass and I caught one that was about 14". Several smaller ones were pulled in along with some bluegill but we didn't bring any home. Went out for Mexican for supper.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    It is my neighbor to the south. He is a contractor. He has the people to do about anything. I had him patch up the ceiling in Manny and Taras house when it had a roof leak. He fixed the roof and knocked it all out PGQ.

I will ask him what his schedule is like. Then get you 2 together. He is good people.

I have a guy too, he did the drywall in another room, but kinda slow and I dont know if he does plumbing.

First I need an estimate on how much to see if I can swing it...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have a guy too, he did the drywall in another room, but kinda slow and I dont know if he does plumbing.

First I need an estimate on how much to see if I can swing it...

That is the process. Get a number from your guy and let me know if you want my guy to have a look.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It is a bit crowded some days! The pictures are fun to see...I love seeing all of the turkeys coming back. We haven't had this many for the past several years.

Yep. The situation from last weekend has been resolved...as in the hostel owner had a serious talk with the two drunks and my son has moved out of the hostel and is staying at the home of someone he is friends with. His belongings are all safe there. He is still being paid to manage the hostel but since he is not receiving the free room, he no longer has to do a lot of the volunteer duties he was doing before. This will allow him more time to focus on his art and hopefully get back to updating this blog/FB page more often.

Tuesday will mark the one year anniversary of when he left here.

We had a good afternoon fishing. We didn't catch a lot of fish but it was very relaxing. Hubby caught a 20" bass and I caught one that was about 14". Several smaller ones were pulled in along with some bluegill but we didn't bring any home. Went out for Mexican for supper.

Do you think he will ever come home Mom.He seems to be digging in over there.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Do you think he will ever come home Mom.He seems to be digging in over there.

I'm honestly not sure. He still has a lot of places he wants to see. As long as he is safe and happy, I'm okay with wherever he chooses to be. He was talking about going out west if he stayed here so either way, he would not be close to me. He is just a plane ride away for one of us. :)

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I'm honestly not sure. He still has a lot of places he wants to see. As long as he is safe and happy, I'm okay with wherever he chooses to be. He was talking about going out west if he stayed here so either way, he would not be close to me. He is just a plane ride away for one of us. :)

Well when you go across the pond to visit be sure to say hi to Sylvain. :)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

He is in the right place to work on his art.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I have seriously considered getting a passport so I can travel to see him. If I go, I absolutely would have to look up our French boy toy!

You're right, CM. There is a huge art community where he is and he is doing his artwork so he is living his dream now.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have seriously considered getting a passport so I can travel to see him. If I go, I absolutely would have to look up our French boy toy!

You're right, CM. There is a huge art community where he is and he is doing his artwork so he is living his dream now.

To take the adventures we dream of. I have a few that I missed out on.

Good on him.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't know that I have a dream to chase.

I don't know if that's good or bad. :dunno:

It is what it is.
    I had plans to move north when I was "Young" as Alaska was opening up new homestead areas. I and 2 other fellas I grew up with (still fast friends) had plans to go there and stake out our claim.
    Life happened and here I still am. Not sure what would have become of me but between the 3 of us we would have survived.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I don't know that I have a dream to chase.

I don't know if that's good or bad. :dunno:

For some, the dream is just having a happy family and spending time with them. My son has never seemed interested in marriage/family. He has had girlfriends but his art provides him with an escape and a way to express himself. I think his dad's suicide and the fact that his dad chose not to be involved in his life has altered his perspective regarding family life in a negative way and has made him more of a loner.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    It is what it is.
    I had plans to move north when I was "Young" as Alaska was opening up new homestead areas. I and 2 other fellas I grew up with (still fast friends) had plans to go there and stake out our claim.
    Life happened and here I still am. Not sure what would have become of me but between the 3 of us we would have survived.

I want to ride my Harley in the continuous 48...and not just a quick blip to say I got that state. At least 100 miles or 1 hour continuously in that state to make it count.

I had more checked off on the old bike, but want to do them all on the same bike. Currently I have Indiana and Illinois.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    For some, the dream is just having a happy family and spending time with them. My son has never seemed interested in marriage/family. He has had girlfriends but his art provides him with an escape and a way to express himself. I think his dad's suicide and the fact that his dad chose not to be involved in his life has altered his perspective regarding family life in a negative way and has made him more of a loner.

It only takes the "Right" female to change this. If he meets her I bet he settles down a touch.
    If not he will be free to roam the world at will. Woman have a way of slowing us guys down. That is a good and a not so good thing depending.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I want to ride my Harley in the continuous 48...and not just a quick blip to say I got that state. At least 100 miles or 1 hour continuously in that state to make it count.

I had more checked off on the old bike, but want to do them all on the same bike. Currently I have Indiana and Illinois.

You better get after this before life happens...:)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom