Not open for further replies.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At my Hermitage
    Son got his drivers permit this week. BMV is a marvel of .gov efficiency and competence? 1st attempt... You don't have 'this' document. Ok... Go back a few days later, we have all this, "well, you don't need that". But you said we did last week? The BMV jokes can write themselves. Goal was to get permit- we succeeded.

I tried to get an 'REAL-ID' drivers license. "Your birth cert is no good". "Needs to be signed by a Judge." What? :dunno: But it was good enough for a US passport? "Well, not good enough for us."

We love our BMV! :yesway:

Headed out to mow...

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Storms building as they pass us.

F926652B-973E-49E1-80FD-A0AA2A459A15_zpsqu2eeand.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Son got his drivers permit this week. BMV is a marvel of .gov efficiency and competence? 1st attempt... You don't have 'this' document. Ok... Go back a few days later, we have all this, "well, you don't need that". But you said we did last week? The BMV jokes can write themselves. Goal was to get permit- we succeeded.

I tried to get an 'REAL-ID' drivers license. "Your birth cert is no good". "Needs to be signed by a Judge." What? :dunno: But it was good enough for a US passport? "Well, not good enough for us."

Headed out to mow...

Signed by a judge.....WTF are they talking about.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

Headed out to mow...

We have to go thru the same crap over here anytime we have to deal with a civil servant for anything.
    The only good thing is that our driver's licence don't have any expiration date.
    Once you're done with it it's good for life.

I've seen people carry their licence in a ziploc bag thingy because it was issued in the 50's and it's falling appart.Still valid.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom