• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Leadeye is there any place up north that might have that ice wine?

I've seen it at better liquor stores. pricey. I don't believe that Huber winery is making it traditionally where you let the grapes stay on the vine until they freeze. More likely they are using some manufacturing process to concentrate the grape sugars and flavor. That's the part I have to figure out so I can make it myself. Thought about warming and pulling a vacuum on the must before fermentation, may try that. The closest I've come to it with regular methods is using raisins but you are stuck with the raisin flavor.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    I've seen it at better liquor stores. pricey. I don't believe that Huber winery is making it traditionally where you let the grapes stay on the vine until they freeze. More likely they are using some manufacturing process to concentrate the grape sugars and flavor. That's the part I have to figure out so I can make it myself. Thought about warming and pulling a vacuum on the must before fermentation, may try that. The closest I've come to it with regular methods is using raisins but you are stuck with the raisin flavor.

I have tried one that is not vine frozen, not to bad but only a few dollars cheaper. The other is from upstate New York and is done the right way.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom