• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Can you share what it is??? With the batteries, I'm guessing sex toy???? Or a flashlight...

A fancy flashlight and batteries for it.
    Not sure why they never mentioned the fact they they can't ship batteries internationally, yet they sell them while other articles are restricted to US sells only (like Surefire flashlight).

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I understand that yyou can't export things that are weapons and accessories without approval, but Surefire flashlights are banned??? That surprises me.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I understand that yyou can't export things that are weapons and accessories without approval, but Surefire flashlights are banned??? That surprises me.

Not banned, it's just commercial dealer agreements.
    They are twice the US price here so European dealers don't want people to order them directly from the US.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    They can't ship the lithium batteries because they explode in flight apparently.
    But aren't they used for everything? Laptops, phones etc ? They must ship those via ariplanes somehow. :dunno:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    And if the package made it to Paris it means it didn't catch fire in flight.
    Lithium batteries are not illegal here so it's not like customs would seize the package. :dunno:

It's just very mysterious ... :scratch:
    I ordered from the same company in the past and got my package in just 5 days.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Where is he going now???

Have you contacted him about his visa thingy?

He is on his way to Serbia so he will be leaving the Schengen area. He has talked to several people who told him that he should be okay....at the worst, may get fined. It sounds like they are mainly detaining people who are suspected to be refugees. Apparently, he has a hostel lined up there and will be in one place for the next six weeks.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    He is on his way to Serbia so he will be leaving the Schengen area. He has talked to several people who told him that he should be okay....at the worst, may get fined. It sounds like they are mainly detaining people who are suspected to be refugees. Apparently, he has a hostel lined up there and will be in one place for the next six weeks.

:yesway:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I'll post an update later after I hear more from him. He has no wifi right now on the train so he will update me when he gets there. The hostel has wifi so we should be able to communicate a bit more once he is there.

He should be fine.From what I read they don't always check how long people stayed in the Schengen area when they leave it.
    Depends on the country and if they are overezalous or not.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom