mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I do them twice a week, Monday and Thursday nights...Fun, fun, fun...

My husband HATES the litter boxes. I do them daily since there are four in the house most of the time. There are three boxes in here and four more in the garage/man cave in an attempt to keep the outside cats from peeing on his tools and tool boxes. In the winter, they use them a lot more, but I do have to scoop those most days as well.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    My husband HATES the litter boxes. I do them daily since there are four in the house most of the time. There are three boxes in here and four more in the garage/man cave in an attempt to keep the outside cats from peeing on his tools and tool boxes. In the winter, they use them a lot more, but I do have to scoop those most days as well.
    yep, come winter I am going to have to figure something out here. Katie won't go out in the winter.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    yep, come winter I am going to have to figure something out here. Katie won't go out in the winter.

We may have less cats by winter. We are seriously discussing taking a few to the vet. The two that are 18 and the two that are 17 are all losing weight and having various issues. Kitty Lou has hard lumps on both sides of her throat that I believe are likely thyroid tumors. All five of them are old enough that I cannot justify spending a lot of money to treat them at this point. As hard as this would be to do, I would rather have them put down before the ground is frozen solid and we may not be able to bury them with the others we have lost. I am not sure it is fair to put the three of this group that are outdoor cats through another winter in their current state.....

I am not looking forward to this, but it may have to happen. I am not ready to do it yet, but know that we are going to have to decide soon if this is the direction we are going. Four of these were born here and the other has been here since she was a tiny kitten so it isn't a decision that is easily made. I keep telling myself it is in their best interest not to extend their lives when the quality is pretty much gone. The two outdoor cats that would be remaining are healthy and would spend more time in the heated man cave if the others were not there bullying them and keeping them out. The ones that frequently "miss" the litter box would also be gone from in here so that would also make for an easier time keeping things clean.

I need to talk to the vet. I am wondering if she would be willing to come here and do this for me so I don't have to haul them all in there. She is also a friend so it might be an option.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    We may have less cats by winter. We are seriously discussing taking a few to the vet. The two that are 18 and the two that are 17 are all losing weight and having various issues. Kitty Lou has hard lumps on both sides of her throat that I believe are likely thyroid tumors. All five of them are old enough that I cannot justify spending a lot of money to treat them at this point. As hard as this would be to do, I would rather have them put down before the ground is frozen solid and we may not be able to bury them with the others we have lost. I am not sure it is fair to put the three of this group that are outdoor cats through another winter in their current state.....

I am not looking forward to this, but it may have to happen. I am not ready to do it yet, but know that we are going to have to decide soon if this is the direction we are going. Four of these were born here and the other has been here since she was a tiny kitten so it isn't a decision that is easily made. I keep telling myself it is in their best interest not to extend their lives when the quality is pretty much gone. The two outdoor cats that would be remaining are healthy and would spend more time in the heated man cave if the others were not there bullying them and keeping them out. The ones that frequently "miss" the litter box would also be gone from in here so that would also make for an easier time keeping things clean.

I need to talk to the vet. I am wondering if she would be willing to come here and do this for me so I don't have to haul them all in there. She is also a friend so it might be an option.

quality over quantity. It's a very hard decision,, but I know you don't take it lightly

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Supper should be done here as well. Sorry if I was a downer with that last post...just my mind rambling I guess.

BBS

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Thanks guys. My kitties have had good lives, and I know this would probably be the humane thing to do, but part of me is having a hard time letting go...especially of the two inside kitties that would be in this group.

Off I go to the kitchen....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom