red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    #ahorseofcourse

hot-country-girls-311.jpg

I used to make milkshakes for the kids of an evening. But the kids are gone. Damn kids, now I don't have an excuse to make milkshakes.

coincidence these post are together? I think not

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So, Thursday was a downturn. That's where we shut the building down and try to fix as much as we can for 16 hours, all of maintenance is on OT.
    For some reason, submarines came up as a topic while eating.
    A guy that "knows everything" makes the statement, WE know where ALL submarines are at.
    I asked him how.
    He said, you know, nowadays the subs are NUCLEAR. I guess he was implying we would follow the radiation.
    I look right at him, and say, oh really. Please tell me more. I thought those 6 years as a reactor operator on a sub meant i was watching squirrels on a wheel.
    It was funny.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Nothing but admiration for those in the sub service, highly technical, no mistake job, in tough conditions. My uncle Brooks was with Carlson's raiders in WW2, he thought the same way.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Nothing but admiration for those in the sub service, highly technical, no mistake job, in tough conditions. My uncle Brooks was with Carlson's raiders in WW2, he thought the same way.

I remember. He was talking about the Glomar Explorer, Howard Hughes, and a russian sub. I showed him some research I'm doing for another sub story.

Looks good.
    I'm gonna cheat and purchase the sequence. If i do it.
    That way i just have to wire up the faces.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I may have to get my artistic sister in law to draw the outline.
    This guy used to sell an overlay pattern, but it looks like his site is gone.

[video=youtube;joiEAYdv4vg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joiEAYdv4vg&app=desktop[/video]

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I would imagine that from the engineer's perspective soviet and American subs run much the same. It's a job that relies on attention to detail. I think only the crew in the aft compartments of the Kursk survived the initial explosion if I remember correctly.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I would imagine that from the engineer's perspective soviet and American subs run much the same. It's a job that relies on attention to detail. I think only the crew in the aft compartments of the Kursk survived the initial explosion if I remember correctly.

Yes. But to tell the story, i need to immerse the reader in the environment.
    Not too much that it can't be understood. But, a little russian, a little bit of phrasing, and I hope to put the reader in the sub.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom