mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    we have OUR checking account and MY checking account. He has no idea how much is in either account

This would make my husband crazy. We are actually on each others accounts, but I don't think he has ever looked in my checkbook and I know he has never written a check out of my account. I write out of his to pay bills or if I am shopping and know it is going to be more than I have in mine to spend.

His is the account that most of the income goes into so I let him share with me. :):

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    This works for us too! We were together for so long before we actually got married, that it has always been this way. Before getting married, we both paid certain bills each month and that worked well.

We balance his...nobody tries to balance mine, but I do check it out in my register if my online balance seems much lower than I remember my register showing. Some of those online transfers to paypal don't get recorded right away!

:yesway:
    Same here, she has access to my account for such things.
    Our anniversary was Saturday. :rockwoot:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This would make my husband crazy. We are actually on each others accounts, but I don't think he has ever looked in my checkbook and I know he has never written a check out of my account. I write out of his to pay bills or if I am shopping and know it is going to be more than I have in mine to spend.

His is the account that most of the income goes into so I let him share with me. :):

We are separate accounts but we can move funds electronically between them.
    I have a 3rd account for on line use. We keep just enough in it so the lights stay on. I move funds when we use it.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Same here, she has access to my account for such things.
    Our anniversary was Saturday. :rockwoot:

Congrats on the anniversary! How many years??

We are separate accounts but we can move funds electronically between them.
    I have a 3rd account for on line use. We keep just enough in it so the lights stay on. I move funds when we use it.

We can transfer, but usually I just transfer from his to pay my credit card. I pay part of it for my hobby stuff and such and it is easier to transfer than enclose two checks and risk one getting left in the envelope and not being applied to the bill. I pay it off every month so we don't pay interest. They pay cash back so it pays to use it and just pay it all with one check. The credit card company automatically doubles the manufacturer warranty on stuff I buy so we used it for the new appliances and any TV's or electronics we buy. I've never had to use it yet so I don't know how well that works, but i figure it is worth a shot to do it just in case.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Congrats on the anniversary! How many years??

We can transfer, but usually I just transfer from his to pay my credit card. I pay part of it for my hobby stuff and such and it is easier to transfer than enclose two checks and risk one getting left in the envelope and not being applied to the bill. I pay it off every month so we don't pay interest. They pay cash back so it pays to use it and just pay it all with one check. The credit card company automatically doubles the manufacturer warranty on stuff I buy so we used it for the new appliances and any TV's or electronics we buy. I've never had to use it yet so I don't know how well that works, but i figure it is worth a shot to do it just in case.

Together 12, married 6. 10-01-10, she made it easy for me to remember. :laugh:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom