• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I've been very fortunate in my career to have had the proper training in a lot of things. It opens a lot of doors.

You're absolutely right. Training and experience will take you far. I think I'm probably a bit further along in my chosen career than you might be so my problems are a bit different. I have a lot of years invested towards a pension that is very important to me. My experience would make it relatively easy to find another position, but many benefits could be lost (or drastically delayed) in the process if that became necessary. I'd be perfectly happy to continue my current position (even without advancement) till retirement but there is always the threat of this position being eliminated. I need about 9 years to insure my retirement. I'll still be too young to fully retire at that point but I'll be able to collect my full retirement and work somewhere else as well if I need to. Our world is just too unstable to know what might happen. All we can do is keep trying. Sounds like that is exactly what you are doing too. Best of luck to you!

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    What a long ****ing day....Had to get up a O'dark thirty to drive to the Indy airport, spend 5 hours at O'hare for a 90 minute meeting, then fly home....:faint:

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    What about you Supr....Any plans???

Well, we've ordered most of our new flooring materials. I'll probably be focused on obtaining all the other things necessary for the job like trim and tools. I've got a big job ahead of me. We realized today that we forgot to include the closets in our initial measurements. That added a bit to the cost of the project. We're looking at a total of about 1300 SQ FT of vinyl laminate flooring here. I'm gonna plan this job in stages. If I try to do it all at once, it'll kill me.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Well, we've ordered most of our new flooring materials. I'll probably be focused on obtaining all the other things necessary for the job like trim and tools. I've got a big job ahead of me. We realized today that we forgot to include the closets in our initial measurements. That added a bit to the cost of the project. We're looking at a total of about 1300 SQ FT of vinyl laminate flooring here. I'm gonna plan this job in stages. If I try to do it all at once, it'll kill me.

Yeah, that will take several weekends...Too much for one guy to do alone...

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Yeah, that will take several weekends...Too much for one guy to do alone...

When it comes time to do the big living room space, I'll probably have my son give me a hand. The other smaller rooms will be done one at a time at least a week apart. A man needs to know his limitations...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom