Not open for further replies.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    This is exactly why I don't buy meat in the store. I'm glad I have cousins who raise beef and pork for 4-H projects for their kids.
    :nono: this is funny :poop:. There is a curve on Hwy 224 1/2 mi. north of me. As a child growing up, we raised a few pigs, 30-40. Most of the neighbors were out of the pork business by then, late 60's. About once a yr, a semi carrying pigs would overturn on the curve. Pigs all over the place. and some folks were back in the pork business again for a little bit. :lmfao:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Or roll in the stuff and tell that's what you'll smell if these farms are allowed

They are going to be allowed. The ordinance they passed last fall has serious flaws. I missed ONE meeting when my dad was in the hospital and didn't have time to do much research when he was in rehab so it got pushed through without ever being reviewed by tech committee. I know who was behind it...two people mainly...and have shared their names with many in the area. I only hope it impacts them come November.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    They are going to be allowed. The ordinance they passed last fall has serious flaws. I missed ONE meeting when my dad was in the hospital and didn't have time to do much research when he was in rehab so it got pushed through without ever being reviewed by tech committee. I know who was behind it...two people mainly...and have shared their names with many in the area. I only hope it impacts them come November.

Share them here. We can shame them!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    :nono: this is funny :poop:. There is a curve on Hwy 224 1/2 mi. north of me. As a child growing up, we raised a few pigs, 30-40. Most of the neighbors were out of the pork business by then, late 60's. About once a yr, a semi carrying pigs would overturn on the curve. Pigs all over the place. and some folks were back in the pork business again for a little bit. :lmfao:

I grew up with a neighbor that raised pigs. He had about 500 of them in a pen right on our property line. It was just nasty. Every once in a while, one would get out and run through the horse pasture/woods out back and dad would drop it. They would come looking for their pig, and dad would tell them where they could find it. They were never amused by the bullet holes, but they couldn't dispute that the pigs were trespassing and potentially doing damage to our property. They were the sickest pigs ever and after seeing what they ate and how they lived, we didn't eat pork for a long time.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    I grew up with a neighbor that raised pigs. He had about 500 of them in a pen right on our property line. It was just nasty. Every once in a while, one would get out and run through the horse pasture/woods out back and dad would drop it. They would come looking for their pig, and dad would tell them where they could find it. They were never amused by the bullet holes, but they couldn't dispute that the pigs were trespassing and potentially doing damage to our property. They were the sickest pigs ever and after seeing what they ate and how they lived, we didn't eat pork for a long time.
    :thumbsup:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I guess I've stunk this place up enough tonight with my pig talk.

I'm going to go crochet now...I know I said that earlier, but I am doing it this time.

Night everyone. I'll try not to drag the smell with me when I come back the next time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom