Not open for further replies.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I know bolt-action guns go "PEW, clic-clac, PEW", semi-auto can go "pew, pew ,pew" and full-auto is more like "pewpewpewpew!".

I'm not sure if those are the technical terms used by the ATF or not for legal definitions. :):

Jagee in the Wild.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    You can probably have a crew of midgets standing under the table to reload too!
    As long as you keep the magwell above the hole on the table.
    The midgets job is to have the next mag loaded, and then shove the loaded one in when he drops the first one. :)

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    It's a belt fed bolt gun. You've got to be a real tactical operator type to run it. :laugh:

The 1917A1 that those belts feed was John Browning's first serious machine gun sale to the army. In it's first trial it fired for 48 minutes non stop going through over 21,000 rounds of ammo, as fast as they could load belts and pump water into it. No stoppages, needless to say the Army was impressed.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I adjust lead as I need it, have bars of pure tin, pure lead and high antimonal foundry type. it's all useful to me.
    I just cut it open, and I know there is a big difference between the repair sleeves and the actual cable sheath. The sleeves are a lot harder.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    The 1917A1 that those belts feed was John Browning's first serious machine gun sale to the army. In it's first trial it fired for 48 minutes non stop going through over 21,000 rounds of ammo, as fast as they could load belts and pump water into it. No stoppages, needless to say the Army was impressed.
    I'm still waiting to see this one. :)

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I just cut it open, and I know there is a big difference between the repair sleeves and the actual cable sheath. The sleeves are a lot harder.

Antimony makes the lead hard and brittle to a certain degree. Tin really helps more with the flow out in the mold but does give some hardness.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Antimony makes the lead hard and brittle to a certain degree. Tin really helps more with the flow out in the mold but does give some hardness.
    It sounds as though you've got the metallurgy figured out. I should have known. :thumbsup: .............:laugh:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom