mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    We had salads again...too hot to cook. Hubby had picked up a roasted chicken at Kroger today so I chopped some of the meat and put it on the salads. Pizza tomorrow night.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    We had salads here as well, the gardener has been foraging for wild blackberries which were an interesting addition to the salad. It's still rabbit food though and I can only eat so much before wanting something more substantial.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Hubby seems to be getting tired of salad, but I could eat it every night. Sometimes I make meat and potatoes to go with it...usually at least some meat either to go with it or on top of it.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Good Gin, the aspirin, quinine, lime and alcohol are good for a summer cold. Winter time I use the aspirin/bourbon/honey/tea/lemon version.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I remember the Great Depression, WW1 and WW2 stories I was told as a kid. My grandparents were either farmers or worked in a factory. I think about those stories now that I'm old and wonder how I would have handled the adversity they did.
    Life is much easier today.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I remember the Great Depression, WW1 and WW2 stories I was told as a kid. My grandparents were either farmers or worked in a factory. I think about those stories now that I'm old and wonder how I would have handled the adversity they did.
    Life is much easier today.

It was hard times and required hard people.
    My Dads people were depression farmers. They still had both the family farms. They still worked them and worked very hard. They knew no other way.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    It was hard times and required hard people.
    My Dads people were depression farmers. They still had both the family farms. They still worked them and worked very hard. They knew no other way.

Remember grandmother talking about changing a diaper in a hard winter and finding it frozen to the floor before she could pick it up and wash it. Wife has been more fortunate with early pictures of her grandparents, one I like is her grandfather using mules on the farm. Grandma's brother talked about being abandoned on an island in the pacific during WW2 for a long time and eating "bugs and bark" as he called it. He was with Carlson's raiders. Today things are much easier.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom