ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Up at 0:dark30 every day.
    Work the live stock.
    Come in and eat a hearty breakfast. These breakfasts have been a part of my life as long as I can remember. Huge 3 meats, gravy, taters, maters, you name it.
    Back out until the bell rang for lunch or lunch was brought out to you in the field.
    Then drag your dead ass tired body in for dinner.
    Rinse off and die.
    Get up at 0:dark30 and repeat.

Yep, happy and healthy. No time or energy for mischief.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Hubby thinks it's the Carb then???

The fuel pressure regulator is bad. He has never rebuilt the throttle body and I have 213K on the truck so he figures he may as well just rebuild the whole thing instead of just replacing the regulator. It is definitely not the fuel pump. It has plenty of pressure, but as soon as I turn the key off, the pressure drops to zero immediately. He has checked for leaks and has found none in the system so that would indicate it is the regulator. He also changed the fuel filter even though it hasn't been that long since he last replaced it. He did say that he thought I might have had some bad gas in there. That was the first year they had fuel injection so it is a pretty simple system. The suburban is the same set up.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    It sounds like this isn't a hard fix. It is certainly easier than changing the pump in the tank. We just take the bed off instead of dropping the tank, but that's a PITA too. I can't remember when we last changed the pump in that truck. I know we did it around 2000 but it seems like we did it one other time when it died in the orchard so that would have been at least 5 or 6 years ago.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Beans are on the stove with the ham bone from last night thrown in to the pot.
    Having fried green tomatoes tonight as well.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I think we are having fish tonight. Hubby brought home some sweet corn yesterday so I'm thinking fish, corn and salad.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I think we are having fish tonight. Hubby brought home some sweet corn yesterday so I'm thinking fish, corn and salad.
    I think our corn should start being ready in another week. Put electric wire up around the patch... how do you like that coons?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom