Not open for further replies.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    SAM had something happen today that I have never seen before, and I have been traveling for work since 1990.

I flew home today from Minneapolis. As the plane from Minn to OHare was pushed out, and turned to go down the taxiway, I saw a geyser of water fly over the plane and hit the tarmac. The Capt came on and explained that this was his last flight, he was retiring after this flight from 29 years of service with American Airlines. I guess it's a tradition that the Fire Truck shoots an arch of water over the plane in celebration and the plane drives through it. Then, when we arrived at OHare, they did the same thing before we pulled up to our gate....It was pretty neat.....

Sad thing about it, it was one of the worst landings I have felt in a long time, we hit HARD when we landed...:dunno:You would think a guy who is flying for 40 years (counting military) would grease it in???? Maybe he let the copilot land??

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    SAM had something happen today that I have never seen before, and I have been traveling for work since 1990.

I flew home today from Minneapolis. As the plane from Minn to OHare was pushed out, and turned to go down the taxiway, I saw a geyser of water fly over the plane and hit the tarmac. The Capt came on and explained that this was his last flight, he was retiring after this flight from 29 years of service with American Airlines. I guess it's a tradition that the Fire Truck shoots an arch of water over the plane in celebration and the plane drives through it. Then, when we arrived at OHare, they did the same thing before we pulled up to our gate....It was pretty neat.....

Sad thing about it, it was one of the worst landings I have felt in a long time, we hit HARD when we landed...:dunno:You would think a guy who is flying for 40 years (counting military) would grease it in???? Maybe he let the copilot land??
    He was probably drunk

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Maybe this was why he was retiring.....:dunno:

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    It was pretty neat having the plane drive through those water arches.....I couldn't see the Fire trucks, they were on the left side and I was on the right, but those babies pump out a massive amount of water quickly...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom