Not open for further replies.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    The inability of people to make timely decisions is a big problem at my office. We need 15 meetings to make some simple decisions.

I see that all the time. People so unsure of themselves that they refuse to put their butt on the line by making a decision.. Drives me nuts.
    That's also why I often have to get involved with things that are not my responsibility, yet are holding me back from accomplishing tasks.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I see that all the time. People so unsure of themselves that they refuse to put their butt on the line by making a decision.. Drives me nuts.
    That's also why I often have to get involved with things that are not my responsibility, yet are holding me back from accomplishing tasks.
    We have to many mid level managers trying to justify their positions. They write new policies and procedures concerning things they know absolutely nothing about. They are not helping at all. The question I ask often, "if you wanted it to fail, what would you do differently". I am rewarded with silence and dumb looks? The silence is always good.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    We have to many mid level managers trying to justify their positions. They write new policies and procedures concerning things they know absolutely nothing about. They are not helping at all. The question I ask often, "if you wanted it to fail, what would you do differently". I am rewarded with silence and dumb looks? The silence is always good.

The biggest problem I have with our mid-level manager is the lack of foresight. They worry about the task today and don't even think about what will be required to accomplish our goals next week/month/year. Then when they freeze on decisions that need to be made today, I have to step in and push the issue or do the task myself. I'm the sales manager, yet half of my time is often devoted to stuff that is not my job. Yet if someone else isn't going to do their job or do a half asses job of it, I have to do their job too...:noway:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom