mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Enjoying an insect free day to eat outside...

Insect free where? I got a mosquito bite on my forehead at 7:30 this morning.

It's raining a little in my office.

Suck it up cup cakes. :)

No rain here...just cloudy and windy.

I could go for a cupcake now.

I could eat a brownie. Just had turkey on rye and two little oranges (cuties). Don't really need a brownie, but could eat one anyway I guess.

Trash is picked up along the road. We'll see how long that lasts. I give it an hour or two.

I emptied the bird house and discovered five mice living in it. Mattie enjoyed chasing them, but I'm not sure if she caught any of them before they ran into the wood shed. Hubby was not impressed. Bird house is ready for this year's bluebirds though.

Now what? I can't remember what else I was going to do. Floors swept. Bedding partially washed and back on the bed. The comforter is in the washer now. Cat blankets go in the washer next.

I uncovered a bunch of daffodils that I don't remember planting. They are popping up everywhere so I apparently did a good job of moving them last spring and just don't remember it. :rockwoot:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I could crochet. Hubby said we are going out to eat tonight so I don't need to cook. I have a couple of stewing hens thawing to make chicken and dumplings for tomorrow but they are still mostly frozen. I need them to thaw enough for me to chop off the heads before I simmer then...just can't do it with he heads on. I don't know why the butcher left the heads and feet on, but they did. It freaked me out when I thawed that first one and discovered this. :):

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    I could crochet. Hubby said we are going out to eat tonight so I don't need to cook. I have a couple of stewing hens thawing to make chicken and dumplings for tomorrow but they are still mostly frozen. I need them to thaw enough for me to chop off the heads before I simmer then...just can't do it with he heads on. I don't know why the butcher left the heads and feet on, but they did. It freaked me out when I thawed that first one and discovered this. :):

I would not have been thrilled with that discovery.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I would not have been thrilled with that discovery.

Yeah...and then I threw the stuff out of the scrap bucket out back only for the cats to drag the head up and leave it on the sidewalk. Freaked hubby out that time. We sure do have fun around here. :rockwoot:

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    I hate it when we buy a whole turkey at the grocery store and it comes with all the parts shoved back into it. I would rather them not go to the effort of stuffing that stuff back in there just so I can remove and toss later. I suppose some folks may use it but not this guy.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I hate it when we buy a whole turkey at the grocery store and it comes with all the parts shoved back into it. I would rather them not go to the effort of stuffing that stuff back in there just so I can remove and toss later. I suppose some folks may use it but not this guy.

I use the giblets in my gravy. I don't use the liver cause that is just yucky, but I do boil up the rest and use it.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Throw those bits and the carcus in a giant stock pot for several hours and you'll have the most amazing stock you can imagine.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I guess it is too nice to be in this house. I need to switch laundry and go do something outside. Hubby is now cleaning out the tractor shed. Made me come out and help him drag out the mower that was stuck in the sand and it is just too nice out there to be inside.

I guess I could fill the water tank for the deer. I'm pretty sure it isn't going to freeze solid at this point, and I turned the outside water back on this morning.

BBL

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom