• Status
    Not open for further replies.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The 3 really excellent Pizza joints we had locally are all gone now. Replaced by the Bravo Sierra chain store crap.
    1 local joint still cranks out a really good pie but after a while change is needed. I can not stomach Domino's or even the "Hut"

If I were still in the central part of the state, I could get a satisfactory pizza from Sal's in Plainfield. There was a place on the south side that was pretty good but a serious pain to get there. Turoni's in Evansville makes a good pizza. Now, there is one place local to me that makes a good but not really outstanding pizza (that, and I like the people), so I am left with my quality time with the oven when I want a pizza that really works for me:

3 cups bread flour
    1 packet pizza dough yeast
    1 1/3 cup hot water
    2 tablespoons sugar
    2 tablespoons oil (I use olive, but any vegetable oil will do)
    2 tsp salt
    Italian seasoning if you feel so inclined

Sauce:

1 can tomato sauce
    1 small can tomato paste
    2 or 3 tablespoons oil
    'about enough' Italian seasoning
    'about enough' brown sugar

Toppings as you see fit

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    How's Sam and Dave tonight?

SAM's doing okay now. Had a Dr appt this afternoon and work that needed finished by tomorrow....Just finished it up...

I have a new "BIG" customer. It's a Big-Box...They drop the craziest stuff on you at any time and it has to be completed and back to them in 2 business days or you pay a fine...

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    How's Sam and Dave tonight?

Fair, better than unfair! I have a road trip tomorrow, fortunately a relatively short one. Still not looking forward to it although it wouldn't be nearly so bothersome if I felt halfway decent. On the positive side, I have a delivery tomorrow, and one on Wednesday, and that should be it for the week.

On the negative side, I have a ton of fence that needs built, at least one barn that needs built, some house repairs that need made, and the joy of moving, and I don't feel up to doing any of it! Hopefully if we get consistent decent weather, it will be easier to get well!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    SAM's doing okay now. Had a Dr appt this afternoon and work that needed finished by tomorrow....Just finished it up...

I have a new "BIG" customer. It's a Big-Box...They drop the craziest stuff on you at any time and it has to be completed and back to them in 2 business days or you pay a fine...

Dang big customers.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom