• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    North Louisville (So Ind)
    I was shooting a 158gr LRN, but switched to plated 158gr, that has also helped with the amount of soot I used to get. I've been playing with some 38 short colts lately and might make the switch to those. Those short little casings with Clays and a 160gr rn drop in like a 625 and extract real fast. I've had good luck with fast powders on the heavier bullets.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I was shooting a 158gr LRN, but switched to plated 158gr, that has also helped with the amount of soot I used to get. I've been playing with some 38 short colts lately and might make the switch to those. Those short little casings with Clays and a 160gr rn drop in like a 625 and extract real fast. I've had good luck with fast powders on the heavier bullets.

I use the same Star 125 for 38 Spl, 38 Super, and 9mm...keeps things simple but I am running low on the Stars, about 5000 left. I have used other brands as well but really like the Star bullet. In 38 Spl and Super I would load to 1150 both to make power factor and it worked well with the mover dot.

125grain.jpg

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Just got home, My brother interrupted the reloading room clean-up to go shooting. Couple of hrs and a couple of cylinders full of .38's, I feel better

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom