mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I would almost fee like putting her down before the coyotes or wild dogs get her.

She has been missing that leg since 2004. She was an adult when we first saw her back then and the leg was dangling and ready to drop off at that point. I guess that makes her at least 13 years old. She has had twins or triplets every year since then. I hadn't seen her since May and she just showed up again a few days ago. I was sure she had died because I usually see her more in the winter.

She actually gets around quite well even without that leg. Watching her jump a fence is interesting. She is also way more cautious than the other deer around here.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    She has been missing that leg since 2004. She was an adult when we first saw her back then and the leg was dangling and ready to drop off at that point. I guess that makes her at least 13 years old. She has had twins or triplets every year since then. I hadn't seen her since May and she just showed up again a few days ago. I was sure she had died because I usually see her more in the winter.

She actually gets around quite well even without that leg. Watching her jump a fence is interesting. She is also way more cautious than the other deer around here.
    Well that is something. I would have thought she would get killed pretty quick. Good for her. She has lived a pretty long life for a deer.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Well that is something. I would have thought she would get killed pretty quick. Good for her. She has lived a pretty long life for a deer.

One of the neighbors and I call each other when we see her. I didn't think deer would live that long with all of the traffic on the roads, hunters, coyotes, etc. so it is pretty amazing to me that this girl is still here and in as good of condition as she is.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    One of the neighbors and I call each other when we see her. I didn't think deer would live that long with all of the traffic on the roads, hunters, coyotes, etc. so it is pretty amazing to me that this girl is still here and in as good of condition as she is.
    That is amazing! And the birth rates. Carrying that much weight would be a load on 4 legs, let alone 3.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Guess I'd be a little cautious too

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Business is picking up for these retired guys. Another guy calling wanting stuff worked on. That fish finder will be paid for before you know it.

I need to go find Mr. Fix it and have him call this dude back so he can bring over his snowblower and rototiller for repair.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom