• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Wife chased deer off her rose bushes this evening Mom45, woods is full of better food, but they just keep coming up here.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Crap, I'm sitting in a hot room, with my coat on and I can't stop shivering.....I don't have a thermometer with me, but that usually means a fever.......

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Leadeye, that picture of your guns I put up earlier, what is the 1911 looking one with the really long slide?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Leadeye, that picture of your guns I put up earlier, what is the 1911 looking one with the really long slide?

That's a Colt 1902 in military configuration. They had both what was known as the military version and the civilian version. These and the 1900 were the ancestors of the 1911, when the 1911 was introduced, the 1902s faded away. There's a short version known as the Colt Pocket Hammer, have a few of those.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Nope, couldn't stand her in 92 and my opinion of her has dropped significantly since.....:noway:

:lmfao:

Wife chased deer off her rose bushes this evening Mom45, woods is full of better food, but they just keep coming up here.

They want corn. They heard that I feed mine and are jealous. I opened the door the other day to let a cat in and leaned my head out as I was opening it...looked up and had four young ones looking me right in the eye from about 10 feet away. I have a feeling my flowers may be a challenge this year.

Crap, I'm sitting in a hot room, with my coat on and I can't stop shivering.....I don't have a thermometer with me, but that usually means a fever.......

You better take care of yourself. This does not sound good.

You need alcohol!

:rockwoot: Grandma's hot toddy should do the trick! Tea with lemon, honey and whiskey. Cover up with a bunch of blankets and sweat it out!

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    That's a Colt 1902 in military configuration. They had both what was known as the military version and the civilian version. These and the 1900 were the ancestors of the 1911, when the 1911 was introduced, the 1902s faded away. There's a short version known as the Colt Pocket Hammer, have a few of those.

I have learned so much your posts. The other night I had to look up all those "weird" calibers you posted. Thanks!

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I have learned so much your posts. The other night I had to look up all those "weird" calibers you posted. Thanks!

We'll have to get together at one of these INGO shoots so you can shoot guns from the turn of the century. The ballistics aren't as impressive as the modern stuff like KJQ has, but back then most everything being pushed was cast lead. I see the Broomhandle as being the HK of it's time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom