Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    WTF I just did my taxes with Turbo Tax and it went from being free to costing me $75 once it was done. They know that once people have put in the work and see how much they are getting back, they will just say **** it and pay the $75. Not this girl. :nono:

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    WTF I just did my taxes with Turbo Tax and it went from being free to costing me $75 once it was done. They know that once people have put in the work and see how much they are getting back, they will just say **** it and pay the $75. Not this girl. :nono:

You have to pay for the use of their product, just like going to H&R Block or something. How was it going to be free?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Turbo Tax tried to get us with that bull**** last year. H&R Block was free for federal. I'll never use Turbo Tax again.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    You have to pay for the use of their product, just like going to H&R Block or something. How was it going to be free?

In the past when I've used it, it has been free if you want to mail the forms, and you pay $35 if you want to e-file. And at the beginning it asked if I wanted the free product or the super-duper $44.95 product and I chose free.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield

I used H&R Block. Federal was free and it cost $10 to file the state.

Now if you need a bunch of extra forms, there may be an additional cost.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    Yeah, you have to be careful and make sure the free version and then make sure you keep turning down there offer to upgrade to a pay version.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Yeah, you have to be careful and make sure the free version and then make sure you keep turning down there offer to upgrade to a pay version.

I guess since I'm a "business owner" because I own stock in the company I have to use the upgraded version. At least that's what Turbo Tax told me last year.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I think with TurboTax if you have any deductions whatsoever, they automatically switch you to the paid version. I had a property tax deduction, and that's probably what did it.

That's OK. I'm leaving my completed TurboTax return open and copying/verifying the info with my new HRBlock return that I'm doing now.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    I guess since I'm a "business owner" because I own stock in the company I have to use the upgraded version. At least that's what Turbo Tax told me last year.

That may be accurate depending on what type of corporation it is. If the company is an S corp and you get a K-1, then you would need an upgraded version.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom