know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    What program? I use Turbo Tax

OLT

OK, just found this info on the irs.gov site.

Some taxpayers may not receive a Form 1095-B or Form 1095-C from their coverage providers or employer by the time they are ready to file their 2015 tax return. Like last year, taxpayers can prepare and file their returns using other information about their health insurance. You should not attach any of these forms to your tax return.
    While your employer may be able to assist you in verifying your coverage, most employers are not required to provide documentation specific to your health care coverage.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    Is the proof of health insurance thing something I should have gotten in the mail? Wonder if I can print one from the Anthem site.

You will receive a form from your employer or their insurance carrier telling you what months you had coverage. If you already know which months you had health coverage, than the form unnecessary. The deadline for those forms was extended until 3/31 this year so you might be waiting for it.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I'm hope my work remembered to take out local taxes this year... I really need to pay more attention to this stuff. Last year I took one in the dumper.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom