• Status
    Not open for further replies.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I have about 2 days worth of work to do today, so I will have to kick some ass.

I have months worth of stuff to do, but I have been sick since September and every time I start turning around, one of our drivers will do something stupid that I have to clean up in inclement conditions. By all rights I should have been well at least four times by now and instead am in the middle of a hard downturn in the process.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have months worth of stuff to do, but I have been sick since September and every time I start turning around, one of our drivers will do something stupid that I have to clean up in inclement conditions. By all rights I should have been well at least four times by now and instead am in the middle of a hard downturn in the process.
    Hope nothing serious.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Sorry to hear that, Dave. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Hope nothing serious.

Thanks. It seems to be pretty run of the mill aside from hanging on this long and getting worse than it could be at times. Not much voice right now, and not much endurance at doing anything too closely resembling work. I was on the mend before Thanksgiving (second weekend before if I remember correctly) and had to use a trailer that I had given the driver a ball of rope to put a couple of pieces on the opening side of the tarp over the trailer. In order to make any difference, the ropes have to go in the middle of the tarp to keep a strong wind from getting under it, and I had to use this trailer on a day that was cold, raining, and extremely rainy. He had put one rope at the extreme front and another at the extreme rear, and I found myself on the road with tarp straps snapping and the tarp stood up like a sail. I got it fixed well enough, but not before getting drenched in ice cold rain and my recovery gone right down the john. Wash, rinse, and repeat a few more times, and here I am.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Dave have you been to the doctor?

No, I haven't. I don't have much faith in them, and besides that, it isn't that I can't get well, it is that every time I am on the mend one of those idiots does something stupid creating conditions that reverse the improvement. It works much the same way that the fire department can't prevent recurring fires when the arsonist keeps coming back.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    No, I haven't. I don't have much faith in them, and besides that, it isn't that I can't get well, it is that every time I am on the mend one of those idiots does something stupid creating conditions that reverse the improvement. It works much the same way that the fire department can't prevent recurring fires when the arsonist keeps coming back.

well, I'll try to not worry. But I will.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom