Not open for further replies.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    OMG

The house smelled musty when I got home so I turned on one of my wax burners with Pine tree smell. Now one of the dogs is farting in his sleep, yes it is Max. The 2 DO NOT MIX!!!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Back from the meeting and caught up on my reading. Glad to see you made the trip both ways safely, Mrs. G.

Act...I thought of you when my son told me his schedule this week. He grabbed an extra 32 hours over the weekend...he worked two doubles (day shifts) and had to be back tonight for his seven days of midnights. He said he will have 112 hours this week...From Saturday through next Sunday night...so I guess that is 9 days straight.

He had to call me when he was driving home last night to help him stay awake. I'm glad he isn't too far from work.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Back from the meeting and caught up on my reading. Glad to see you made the trip both ways safely, Mrs. G.

Act...I thought of you when my son told me his schedule this week. He grabbed an extra 32 hours over the weekend...he worked two doubles (day shifts) and had to be back tonight for his seven days of midnights. He said he will have 112 hours this week...From Saturday through next Sunday night...so I guess that is 9 days straight.

He had to call me when he was driving home last night to help him stay awake. I'm glad he isn't too far from work.

Wow...........I am busy as all get out but not those kind of hours.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Wow...........I am busy as all get out but not those kind of hours.

He is young and has bills to pay and is trying to save up enough money to move to Oregon next year. He has goals. He was exhausted when I talked to him last night. When I was young, I could do that. The last time I was at the Christmas tree farm, I was doing 90 to 100 hours a week between that and helping the neighbor, but that was only for about 6 weeks and then I simply crashed when the season was over. I can do it if I HAVE to, but I prefer not to. Doing it as a seasonal job is a whole lot different than doing it long term like Act does.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    He is young and has bills to pay and is trying to save up enough money to move to Oregon next year. He has goals. He was exhausted when I talked to him last night. When I was young, I could do that. The last time I was at the Christmas tree farm, I was doing 90 to 100 hours a week between that and helping the neighbor, but that was only for about 6 weeks and then I simply crashed when the season was over. I can do it if I HAVE to, but I prefer not to. Doing it as a seasonal job is a whole lot different than doing it long term like Act does.

Is that the place that did not call you back this year...???

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Is that the place that did not call you back this year...???

Yep. The owner asked me why I wasn't working and then the hired help never called me after I called and told them my availability. The guy that does the schedule is a jerk so I really didn't mind so much not getting called. One day the owner and I will have a candid chat about things. It amazes me that he keeps this guy since he has caused a lot of good employees to leave and not come back. I was not impressed when I went to get my tree this year. The person who ordered the merchandise for the shops isn't there this year either, and it is obvious in the displays.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Time to run charts.
    cause even after the upgrade, I still have ancient equipment to care for.

Ancient equipment...

This?

300px-USS_Holland_SS-1.gif

No, this!

220px-Turtle_model_at_the_Royal_navy_submarine_museum.jpg

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Night Greg.

I think I am out too. My alarm is already set so I'm not late to pick up the neighbor tomorrow. I have to stop and get eggs on the way...busy day planned and lots of places to go!

Night Dave and anyone else still lurking!

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Night Greg.

I think I am out too. My alarm is already set so I'm not late to pick up the neighbor tomorrow. I have to stop and get eggs on the way...busy day planned and lots of places to go!

Night Dave and anyone else still lurking!

Good night! Rest well!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom