Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Hi Greg

How was everyone's day?

I survived my mom's driving to the appointment and they survived my driving on the way home. I am pretty sure mine was better. I sat in the back seat and crocheted since she insisted on driving to the appointment. I couldn't watch. I offered to drive, but she insisted that she would drive there. Once their eyes were dilated, then I was allowed to have the keys.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Mom, just be happy that she wanted to drive there but not back home

She knew she couldn't drive home. That was why she called me to go with them. They were both getting their eyes dilated and were told they had to have a driver. I was hoping to drive both directions, but she is not willing to give it up. I know there was one time she was entirely on the wrong side of the road and I commented...she said she had to open dad's window a little cause he lit his pipe and that made her go into the other lane. I'm just glad there wasn't a lot of traffic on the road there today.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Well, you got there safe . . . . thank God

Yep. She sure makes me nervous knowing she still drives and thinks she is doing okay with it. It's not going to be good when we have to put a stop to that.

Dad seems to be doing pretty well. He is done with his therapy now and seems to be doing pretty well with continuing on his own at home. We bought him some ankle weights today and he says he is riding the exercise bike every couple days. I'm going to see if I can get him a band for stretching exercises since I know the neighbor has a drawer full and she only uses one or two of them. I'm surprised the therapists didn't give him one to use at home. He doesn't remember much from when he as in the hospital or the rehab.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom