Not open for further replies.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I absolutely HATE O'Hare. We get stuck there every time we fly. Delays or cancellations. The last time, our flight to South Bend where our car was parked was cancelled. No way we were spending the night in the airport so we rented a car and drove home....only to get to South Bend and learn that the car rental place closed at midnight. We had to drive home and go back the next morning to return the car and get our luggage and my car out of the lot...car rental for the drive home was over $300.

Just sampled the caramel corn. I may have to buy more brown sugar and make more before Christmas...this will be long gone! This recipe I found online last year is a keeper.

No delays this time, trip up and back went smooth for a change. It's just that my choices for for getting to Minneapolis was either O'Hare or Dallas to get a good rate.....Last minute trip.:noway:

That kinda bites with this job, many of the trips are booked with a week or less notice.
    I should go to Orlando the week after Christmas, but my chances of getting a decent airfare are slim & none. I don't have to get Corp approval for flights under $500...

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Caramel corn (batch #2) is almost done so I guess I need to dig out the cookie cutters and get to work on the next project to go in the oven. This is going to take a while...silly me mixed up a double batch.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    No delays this time, trip up and back went smooth for a change. It's just that my choices for for getting to Minneapolis was either O'Hare or Dallas to get a good rate.....Last minute trip.:noway:

That kinda bites with this job, many of the trips are booked with a week or less notice.
    I should go to Orlando the week after Christmas, but my chances of getting a decent airfare are slim & none. I don't have to get Corp approval for flights under $500...

Oh, I lied.....Just booked a flight via Southwest for less than $400.......Surprised the hell out of me....

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I have to buy a new Miter Box.......I was cutting some plastic lumber 4x4's into 8" pieces for my meeting yesterday and I noticed the reflection of sparking on the filing cabinet next to it. I got 4 cuts made before it died......

No meetings next week, hope maybe Menards or Home Depot will have one in their "Day after Christmas" sale......Don't need to cut anything between then.
    Cutting the plastic lumber 4x4's over the past 5 years has worn it out. I can't complain, I remember buying the broken one as a Black Friday special for like $88 in 2001. I'd say I got my moneys worth out of it....

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Good to see you V8, we miss you in the OSUT....

How ya been?? Still working at the same place up near Castleton??

Yep! Going on 9 years next march. We've been busy lately too! This is usually our slow season and it's been the busiest month yet :faint:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    My kitchen is officially a mess....cookies and caramel corn everywhere and flour and sprinkles and oh my....I guess it is time to clean up.

Shadow

AKA: Uncle Shadow
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    1twxsk.jpg

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    LOL Not here ... Sunshines work is having a dinner

And what a lunch it was. Ham, turkey roast beef, venison, chicken, bunch of sides and all kinds of desert. I pigged out :D I do afterwards, when I went back to the shop I actually looked at a boat and liked it. It was the perfect vehicle to crawl in and take a concealed nap :laugh6:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom