mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I try, just the area I work isn't always the best place to see this kind of stuff.

It always amazes me how many young people hold the door for us when I take the neighbor places and am holding onto her arm to help her up curbs, through doors, etc. Most are very polite.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I try, just the area I work isn't always the best place to see this kind of stuff.

Karma was singing with the 3rd graders. There were 2 white kids....Karma is mixed.....70% Hispanic kids and the rest were kids of color.
    Talk about an odd feeling being the true minority in the room.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Hey Mom,ate at the Country Kettle Saturday morn.Kick butt breakfast.

We haven't been there for quite a while. It's not bad. The Downtown Depot is better. You'll have to check it out the next time you are in Knox. Just north of the tracks a block and a half west of 35.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It always amazes me how many young people hold the door for us when I take the neighbor places and am holding onto her arm to help her up curbs, through doors, etc. Most are very polite.

I have seen this lately as well.

Then there are the ones that cut off the old couple I am holding the door open for. I have been known to feed the door to them.........Oops.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side

I have a lot of younger inner city "yutes" that are very polite when they come to the counter, "yes mam" etc

holding doors, etc.

Yet they smell like weed, pants sagged to their knees. They have it in them, just not always put in the right place.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Karma was singing with the 3rd graders. There were 2 white kids....Karma is mixed.....70% Hispanic kids and the rest were kids of color.

I've been in that situation. When Liam was at 57.

It isn't a feeling I liked. I hate to say that too

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I have a lot of younger inner city "yutes" that are very polite when they come to the counter, "yes mam" etc

holding doors, etc.

Yet they smell like weed, pants sagged to their knees. They have it in them, just not always put in the right place.

Many of them have had manners beaten into them but the good intention is not there.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine

We have very few black people in our community. When we first moved here, the klan was still pretty active...the klan grand pubah (as I call him) was shot by his wife sitting at the kitchen table. Talk about a nice intro to our new town that we had just chosen to move to. I am pretty sure she is still incarcerated.

We have quite a few Hispanic in the area and most keep their homes/property nicer than most of the "locals" who have lived here forever. We were sorry to see the ones we had for neighbors move away a couple of years ago.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We have very few black people in our community. When we first moved here, the klan was still pretty active...the klan grand pubah (as I call him) was shot by his wife sitting at the kitchen table. Talk about a nice intro to our new town that we had just chosen to move to. I am pretty sure she is still incarcerated.

We have quite a few Hispanic in the area and most keep their homes/property nicer than most of the "locals" who have lived here forever. We were sorry to see the ones we had for neighbors move away a couple of years ago.

Except for the way they drive (most can not) we are OK with them. They have run of Uga-Buga and those they hang with. The area has been relatively peaceful the last couple of years. Compared to the shoot outs of a few summers ago.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom