The Official Status Update Thread: Part 141 - Pepperidge Farm Remembers...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    you're absolutely right

I have one employee that is always asking myself or the manager to buy him a pack of cigarettes in the week before payday, he just doesn't have it. I'd hate to think how bad off he'd be if he didn't live at home.

I also know if I didn't have someone else to help pay bills, I would be begging for help.

Not making a living wage is so common anymore. Those folks who are visiting you could do with a big dose of reality

They are clueless. The one who says gems like that is a freaking liberal from Austin, TX. Everything is rainbows and unicorns for everyone.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Ok, rant off. Sorry for venting. Please say a prayer that I maintain my self control and don't go into "slap the stupid" mode. Thank you. ;)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    you're absolutely right

I have one employee that is always asking myself or the manager to buy him a pack of cigarettes in the week before payday, he just doesn't have it. I'd hate to think how bad off he'd be if he didn't live at home.

I also know if I didn't have someone else to help pay bills, I would be begging for help.

Not making a living wage is so common anymore. Those folks who are visiting you could do with a big dose of reality

Like I told my kids when they were struggling.....stop smoking if you can not afford to buy them. Daughter did........:)

I have been through this, we all have. It is what drove me to "Exceed" not just succeed. If you want more, go get it. It is out there. It will not come to you.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Like I told my kids when they were struggling.....stop smoking if you can not afford to buy them. Daughter did........:)

I have been through this, we all have. It is what drove me to "Exceed" not just succeed. If you want more, go get it. It is out there. It will not come to you.

Very true. But, when you get there show others the way don't just kick them when they're down.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side

I've mentioned that to him. He asked someone else for the next month or two. He is not a go getter. He has no motivation to do better. He gives the bare minimum as it is now.

I have to give him credit though, when I do help him out, he always pays it back. This week he pawned his game system. :rolleyes:

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Ok, rant off. Sorry for venting. Please say a prayer that I maintain my self control and don't go into "slap the stupid" mode. Thank you. ;)

:yesway: Worked for a manager at GE like that. Main reason I quit there.

One year I had beat my goals by 30% was expecting a big bonus.

Asshat came out and said the Division didn't meet it's goals, so HE didn't get a bonus. If He didn't get a bonus, nobody did.....

I was out of there within 60 days..

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I also didn't serve for 26 years so some insurance company middle manager can look down his nose at me. It's like I'm a piece of garbage. :xmad:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've mentioned that to him. He asked someone else for the next month or two. He is not a go getter. He has no motivation to do better. He gives the bare minimum as it is now.

I have to give him credit though, when I do help him out, he always pays it back. This week he pawned his game system. :rolleyes:

Now that is sad. I have friends at a local pawn shop. It has a gun section with a good inventory so cool to be there.
    I watch the clientele as they hawk their stuff. Desperate.

I see this more and more but at least he has a job.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom