Not open for further replies.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Still at rehab. So...the case manager was asking me why mom and dad have Anthem as primary and medicare as their supplement when it should be the other way around. if it were reversed, we would not be fighting to get his stay approved again at this point. I called mom to inquire...because that is the way the agent wrote the policy. Hmmmm...but why???? She has no idea. She gave me the guys name and number. I google it and nothing comes up...how is that an office number does not come up in a google search? WTF is this guy? My sister is POA so I gave the info to her and she is going to call and see what she can find out. What a freakin' mess.

Have dealt with crap like that myself with the MIL.
    Wife is right now heading with MIL to the Soc Security office in Madison. Had to change her checking acct last month. Took the info to the SS office early last month for the direct deopsit. Got a letter stating that her direct deposit didn't happen at the 1st of the month because she didn't do an address change. They filled out that form at the same time. Now they have to go back and do it again.
    Could be done by mail, but that would take weeks, so she is going to the office in person.....

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Have dealt with crap like that myself with the MIL.
    Wife is right now heading with MIL to the Soc Security office in Madison. Had to change her checking acct last month. Took the info to the SS office early last month for the direct deopsit. Got a letter stating that her direct deposit didn't happen at the 1st of the month because she didn't do an address change. They filled out that form at the same time. Now they have to go back and do it again.
    Could be done by mail, but that would take weeks, so she is going to the office in person.....

I hate dealing with insurance and stuff...medicare/medicaid is the worst. I remember it taking months or even years to get physicians credentialed with them so that they could bill for those patients when I worked at the hospital. It was big game to those people...not to the patients but dealing with their office was the worst thing ever.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    And just FYI, but dad's phone drank a bunch of coffee last night since he apparently took the foam cup that was on his table next to the bed and flipped it upside down at some point last night. I don't know if it is going to work again or not. It is taken apart and drying out, but so far it is not looking good. I really hate to have to buy him a new phone, which would require me to renew his contract for two more years on my plan.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    And just FYI, but dad's phone drank a bunch of coffee last night since he apparently took the foam cup that was on his table next to the bed and flipped it upside down at some point last night. I don't know if it is going to work again or not. It is taken apart and drying out, but so far it is not looking good. I really hate to have to buy him a new phone, which would require me to renew his contract for two more years on my plan.

Uncoiled rice. Who is his carrier?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Who knows.. I think uncoiled rice started out as a typo, but I have heard of setting wet electronics equipment in uncooked rice. I don't know if it really helps or not.

I think Verizon is the one carrier that I don't have an old phone for. If he doesn't have to have a fancy phone, you can get a cheap one at Walmart without having to renew his plan. verizon phone - Walmart.com

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I will definitely keep you guys in mind if I can't get his working. He has a flip phone and I doubt he could figure out anything more high tech than that...especially with his current deficits. He is month to month on my plan now so I hate to activate a new/different phone for him since it would put him back on a two-year contract on my plan.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I will definitely keep you guys in mind if I can't get his working. He has a flip phone and I doubt he could figure out anything more high tech than that...especially with his current deficits. He is month to month on my plan now so I hate to activate a new/different phone for him since it would put him back on a two-year contract on my plan.

Are you sure you would have to go back to a two-year contract? I've switched phones a lot of times and it hasn't affected my plan. Not sure with Verizon.. but TMobile, AT&T, and Virgin have not been a problem.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Are you sure you would have to go back to a two-year contract? I've switched phones a lot of times and it hasn't affected my plan. Not sure with Verizon.. but TMobile, AT&T, and Virgin have not been a problem.

Verizon, just announced no new contracts..... I am going to look into this, myself .....

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I may have to call them and ask. Every time I have ever activated a new phone on my plan, it renews the contract on that line for two more years. I saw that ad too, but since I have an old plan that is no longer available, I'm not sure how it would be affected. Calls will probably have to be made. I would do the chat thing but every time I start typing something on here, he gets up and walks out of the room and I have to run after him as he is not supposed to be walking unassisted yet. He doesn't listen very well. :):

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Landed in NOLA...my equipment didn't. Since I can't go to the jobsite early without it I'll just grab a drink and some lunch at the airport waiting for it.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I guess I am logging off for a bit. I am waiting for my son to get here and to find out from case management what is going on with the insurance.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom