• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I've never treated a woman like that in my life....and here I sit alone. Life ain't fair. But then, I've known that all along. ;)

we didn't start this way, and we won't end this way. I'll get the man back I married or I'll leave.
    I've changed too, so I can't say it's all him.
    Wish my big brother was more like you guys, sometimes I think you guys care more than he does. << that is saying you're like big brothers to me, and I love it!!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    same goes for you

Thanks Mrs.G
    I know what it takes to get by in this mean old world.
    Mistreatment of others, taking for granted of others is not part of the discipline.
    I only know this for realizing my own short comings in my early life.
    I struggle to make up for that. Once laid down it is hard to remove.
    I have always pulled the cart just not real pleasant at times along the carts path.
    I am making those times right.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    we didn't start this way, and we won't end this way. I'll get the man back I married or I'll leave.
    I've changed too, so I can't say it's all him.
    Wish my big brother was more like you guys, sometimes I think you guys care more than he does. << that is saying you're like big brothers to me, and I love it!!

They're like big brothers to me too, only not in a Josh Duggar kind of way.

(Unfortunately?)

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I have my share of sins to atone for. None of them involved mistreatment of a woman. Anyway, glad it's getting better.

:flasher:

I don't think most people set out to be a-holes. They just get wrapped up in themselves and forget about others. Or am I giving people too much credit?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't think most people set out to be a-holes. They just get wrapped up in themselves and forget about others. Or am I giving people too much credit?

Maybe some folks (credit) but I have seen dozens of couples that got married for all the wrong reasons. I was a 2 time looser at that myself. When the realization of a mistake of that magnitude settles in we tend to get a bit testy.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Maybe some folks (credit) but I have seen dozens of couples that got married for all the wrong reasons. I was a 2 time looser at that myself. When the realization of a mistake of that magnitude settles in we tend to get a bit testy.

That's the thing I'm starting to worry about now.. I don't want to screw things up at this stage in my life.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's the thing I'm starting to worry about now.. I don't want to screw things up at this stage in my life.

Being further along in life we tend to have other reasons to seek companionship. Just see how it rills and "Try" not to put expectations into the relationship. Easier said than done I know.
    Let things develop and keep your eyes open. If it is the real deal you will know.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    It sounds like you have found a great guy. Don't worry. I am rooting for you two.

Thanks, Birds. :) Logistics will be the issue if we do decide to make things permanent. I have no intention of leaving Crown Point, and he's so invested in Lake Station (20 miles away) I would hate to expect him to leave. But I guess if it's worth it, we will have to compromise.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Being further along in life we tend to have other reasons to seek companionship. Just see how it rills and "Try" not to put expectations into the relationship. Easier said than done I know.
    Let things develop and keep your eyes open. If it is the real deal you will know.
    Yep, expectations can be poison. just enjoy the ride :hehe: If you enjoy each other's company and are having fun then don't spend a bunch of time dissecting it. Just have a good time. :yesway:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana

Yep. Thanks. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom