Not open for further replies.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I got the green light from the Doc to travel next week for work (via air) as long as I don't drive more than a hour.

I have 2 people I need to see, can't decide where to go. Appleton, WI or Sioux Falls, SD???

Airfare is about the same both ways.... Both equally important prospects.....

Might just flip a coin????:dunno:

Skype? :dunno:

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Hey, SAM, if I wanted to re-do my deck with plastic lumber, you know anybody???

It's probably 7 or 8 ft wide by 30 ft long...I'm guessing based on memory so I could be way off. Just trying to see how much $$$ I'd be talking...

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Nope, doesn't work in high level sales. retail chain Buyers & purchasing V.P.s want you to come to them. Sype, Gotomeeting, etc is good for training, conference calls and stuff, but not sales...

Gotcha. I'm not a salesman, or a buyer. I'm just a dirt looker. :yesway:

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Hey, SAM, if I wanted to re-do my deck with plastic lumber, you know anybody???

It's probably 7 or 8 ft wide by 30 ft long...I'm guessing based on memory so I could be way off. Just trying to see how much $$$ I'd be talking...

We aren't doing anything decking grade. Ours is black construction or utility grade lumber.

Stay away from anything that is made with a lot of wood flour like the basic Trex,

Whatever the brand, ask for the equivalent of Trex Transends, that is their high quality co-extruded product.

Shadow

AKA: Uncle Shadow
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    im about to fall asleep - time - t-------I--------c --------------t----------------------------------o------------------------------------c

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Yep, remember Jagee, when you redo it,
    Chicks love big decks.....

The Mrs. was actually asking me about tearing it out and making a concrete and/or paver patio instead of a deck. She just doesn't like the chipping paint and splitting lumber POS we have now.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The Mrs. was actually asking me about tearing it out and making a concrete and/or paver patio instead of a deck. She just doesn't like the chipping paint and splitting lumber POS we have now.

If folks would treat the lumber every fall from the 1st summer the wood would be longer lived.
    Not a knock on you but it is part of owning a wood deck.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I think she has the right idea

I was hoping to get lucky and save the joists and just replace the deck boards...save some $$$
    I gotta tear up some boards to see what it looks like underneath and don't want to do that til I have a replacement plan in place.

Shadow

AKA: Uncle Shadow
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    If folks would treat the lumber every fall from the 1st summer the wood would be longer lived.

So true -- the one at our place took forever to clean - so we could retreat it .. My self i'd like to see it gone and the damn tree lol

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine

Yeah, ours was shot when we moved in. I didn't bother to treat it since it already sucked. Just keeps getting worse so it's looking like this fall or sometime next year I'll be doing something with it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom